Something ive noticed the past couple of years..

SemtexandHardy

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
In every division pretty much there is now 2-3 guys at the championship level that have granite for chins.

Aldo/frankie/mendes
Hendricks/lawler/Rory/condit
The chris/machida
Jones/gus/dc

Its insane how clean these guys are hitting each other without KO's. Never seen it like this in all my time.

A granite chin is a tool you have to have in order to be a champion or top contender.

I would disagree with you on Lawler (KO'd by Diaz), Machida (KO'd brutally by Rua)....the other fighters you mention are noteworthy indeed

Fedor and GSP were the only GOATs with average chins.

They avoided getting hit very well.

i dont think DC has the technical ability to land a hard flush ko punch on an elite opponent

I would disagree with you on Lawler (KO'd by Diaz), Machida (KO'd brutally by Rua)....the other fighters you mention are noteworthy indeed

I disagree completely they both have very good chins. Machida ate some bombs from Weidman, and Lawler's was more a TKO from accumulation. He also ate some hard shots from Hendricks.

Maybe not on the level of Jones and Weidman true, but very good chins none the less.

Whilst not disagreeing with any of you I think we have entered into a period where there is a gap between the elite and the rest even 'chin' wise.

Its frightening really, begins to explain why GSP had so many decisions I guess.

Back