Something I asked myself after watching BBC's Human Planet...

Iman Barlow

the boss
Reaction score
Why don't the ppl living in the hyper extreme environments pick up their shit and move?

I'm glad that a desert nomad is ingenious enough to dig 10 feet into the ground to drink muddy ass water and eat insects... But why not use that same intelligence to find the nearest coast and become fisherman? Why didn't everyone just gravitate towards SoCal?

because only weak people pick up and bail when the shit gets tough, the ones who stay, they are forged to survive and live, they adapt

They want to remain relevant as humans rather than zombie humans. :icon_chee

To move you need money, a new job, a new place to live, it can be difficult.

Maybe because they can beat off in private?

Because to some, no matter how bad their environmental conditions are, it doesn't come as close to how bad it would be dealing people everywhere, everyday

Why don't the ppl living in the hyper extreme environments pick up their shit and move?

I'm glad that a desert nomad is ingenious enough to dig 10 feet into the ground to drink muddy ass water and eat insects... But why not use that same intelligence to find the nearest coast and become fisherman? Why didn't everyone just gravitate towards SoCal?

[YT]P0q4o58pKwA[/YT]

because only weak people pick up and bail when the shit gets tough, the ones who stay, they are forged to survive and live, they adapt

I don't admire people who choose to stay where living is a struggle if they have the option to move to where they don't have to spend all their energy surviving.

Some did, that's why we have the world we do today.

There are plenty of reasons people stay, religious/culture, heredity, territorial, or an aversion to change.

In a lot of cases women are currency, so they may be alot more wealthy that we think when we look at it.

To move you need money, a new job, a new place to live, it can be difficult.

I've experienced culture shock going to the city, I can't imagine what it's like for these people. Trying to adjust to life and acquire all of these things to do it, it's a pretty huge endeavor for them.

Immigrants, the ones of our present moment at least, they dont adapt to their new countries, they demand the country changes for them, thats why the problem of immigration will destroy Europe, and has already crippled the US socially

The poverty rate in SoCal is now much greater than it is in Mississippi. Not sure why anyone wanting a better life would move there.

The poverty rate in SoCal is now much greater than it is in Mississippi. Not sure why anyone wanting a better life would move there.

If you pick the absolute shittiest place in america to live in, this is better place than at least 50% of the rest of the world.

Pick one place in America that is less desirable than anywhere in the continent of africa to live in.

You need money. Plus whose going to employ you?

If you can't adapt to that lifestyle things could get bad for you.

You might not be allowed to move somewhere (immigration laws), and depending on the race/culture of country might not be welcoming anyway.

Immigrants, the ones of our present moment at least, they dont adapt to their new countries, they demand the country changes for them, thats why the problem of immigration will destroy Europe, and has already crippled the US socially
Yeah i'm sure the english that came to the US lived by the native standards...

If you pick the absolute shittiest place in america to live in, this is better place than at least 50% of the rest of the world.

Pick one place in America that is less desirable than anywhere in the continent of africa to live in.

Chicago/Detroit?

The irony in this post... You know SoCal was a desert before modern irrigation, right?

I can think of a bunch of places in Africa that are much more pleasant than shittier parts of the US.

Back