Someone remind me why Brock agreed to fight Ubereem?

Gotta give him his due for his business sense (or at least the sense to hire a great agent)

He knew his worth coming in and took only main events and big names, and was exciting.

Leveraged his fame against both Dana and Vince McMahon (two of the most egomaniacal promoters on the planet)

Aside from being a freak athlete, dude had the "it" factor.

Say what you want about Brock, but tbh he was matched up against a run of killers. He came into the UFC 1-0 in his entire career. Fought Mir, Herring, Couture, Mir again, Carwin, Velasquez, Overeem, and Hunt. Props to him.
I don’t know why he took the Reem fight, maybe he thought he could implement his wrestling and GnP on him? Was never going to go down that way.
It was as if White and the UFC wanted to prove that wrestling was such a fake that their biggest star would get killed, when he didn't, they rethought the process and saw dollar signs. I still count his first fight with Mir as a win because Mazigatti saved Mir's ass by stopping the pounding he was taking "to Bolivia" just to check if he was "OK" from one punch to the back of the head, when it was Mir himself who turned his head. He let Mir gather his senses and restarted them, Mir took a different approach and won the fight with the knee-bar but it was a bullshit call.

...and this is because I'm not a Lesnar fan.

It was a interesting & important fight.

Brock smashes the Strikeforce / K1 champ OR...

Reem smashes recent UFC champ / most well known UFC fighter at that time.

Whoever won would have a lot momentum. I recall all of my UFC casual friends betting against Reem. They didn’t have a clue about his accomplishments. I made some easy $ that night.

It was supposed to.be JDS. Same result would.have occurred.

Hey genius, you're forgetting that Brock was a rookie and got thrown to contenders right off the bat. Whatever you may think of his opponents, which essentially boils down to "When they lose, they suck. When the win, they're awesome", Brock was a ROOKIE, and never faced anyone outside of the UFC's top 10. That is not being fed easy opponents, no matter how many juvenile leaps in logic you want to make to try and argue that.
he wasnt a rookie he had been training for it years prior roided out of his mind. its funny the people who defend brock. you are a complete idiot. you have a lot to learn and a lot of growing up to do. brock was a bitch. is stilll a bitch was always a bitch

Because Brock wasn't a coward like Fedor.

he wasnt a rookie he had been training for it years prior roided out of his mind. its funny the people who defend brock. you are a complete idiot. you have a lot to learn and a lot of growing up to do. brock was a bitch. is stilll a bitch was always a bitch

Yeah, you totally don't sound like an edge lord with worthless opinions based on nothing at all but your feminine emotions...

As hilarious as this sounds he probably thought he could actually win
<{Heymansnicker}>

If you stop Randy, Mir and Carwin you’re justified in believing you can beat anyone. Overeem also lost to plenty of average fighters. Bad matchup but Lesnar was a champion.

Brock always was a fucking beast who would fight anyone..

Although, some of the hate he gets is understandable (mainly because of the juicing).. but I'll always be a fan.

brock had stomach issues from years of steroid abuse and literally having the diet of a child where he refused to eat veggies and stuff. i think he took this fight because he was mocked for only fighting aging hws and he was taking the easy path and ubereem coming in people expected to be a lesser version because no steroids but for it to still be a big deal.

the ufc gave brock every chance and easy fight possible. when he was pressed he lost.

He fought Shane Carwin and Cain Velasquez. It’s not his fault he came to the promotion when HW was slightly down.

Back