Someone remind me why Brock agreed to fight Ubereem?

I thought Lesnar would be able to get the td as well at the time. Still feel like he never really put his all into that fight in terms of wanting to win. Overeem was a monster but Brock was still Brock

Lesnar bailed on his first attempt after feeling how strong Reem was.
giphy.gif

All downhill after that

he took it prob thinking if he lost it would at least get turned into a NC due to both of them failing drug tests. but alas neither failed and the loss stands.

In retrospect Brock did face top competition and did a lot better than I thought he would have. Respect. And yeah I agree with many other posters, he took that fight because he wasn’t a pussy and wanted to face the best.

Who cares?

Lesnar couldn’t step into the ring clean and would’ve disappeared anyway once he stopped getting favors and exemptions.

What do you mean, it was def Ubereem. Ubereem ended after Reem’s failed PED test which was after the Lesnar fight.

Reem really started to "reduce" before coming to America, even without insider info you could see it in the Brett Roger's fight.

Not saying he stopped...

Back then I had only been a casual fan of MMA for a few years. I only knew the champions and bigger names at the time

I can't remember why Brock even decided that he would fight Overeem after coming back from diverticulitis which I still believe wasn't any bs and Brock really had it. Respect to Brock for doing it because as we all know Overeem at the time was 270lbs of K1 championship level striking while Brock was getting schooled by Pat Barry in the gym

The UFC should have given him a comeback fight. I guess they figured that Brock was done anyway but I'm still not sure why Brock even agreed to it in the first place especially since the fight before that he got beat pretty badly by Cain

brock had stomach issues from years of steroid abuse and literally having the diet of a child where he refused to eat veggies and stuff. i think he took this fight because he was mocked for only fighting aging hws and he was taking the easy path and ubereem coming in people expected to be a lesser version because no steroids but for it to still be a big deal.

the ufc gave brock every chance and easy fight possible. when he was pressed he lost.

Lesnar didn't turn down fights. He was tossed straight into the deep end immediately and actually swam pretty well.

The guy had balls, and I'm sure the stacks of cash he received help him as well.

Finishing up his contract. Fearless.

One thing nobody can argue against about Brock, is that he certainly wasn't looking for easy fights and embraced being tossed into the deep end. They gave him opponents, and he signed. No shenanigans. He didn't give a fuck who his opponents were.

they figured he'd be able to take him down. and he could have, if he hadn't been so gunshy and afraid of getting hit.

He was trying to get his mojo back after getting wrecked by Cain. The best comparison is when Ronda came back to fight Amanda. A small part of both Brock and Ronda thought they could reclaim their spots at the top only to find that the sport had passed them by.

You have to be severely brain damaged to come to that conclusion.

please explain to me why.
heath herring?- come the fuck on. the guy was always mid tier hw and he got to the ufc past his prime.
randy was so much smaller and older than brock this fight was so dumb.
frank looked like shit after his accident. had some gains on trt. was super inconsistent for the most part. he also fought brock poorly. this was not impressive. any wrestler of brocks size who can cycle steroids and get around the testing is going to be a problem for fighters of this level.

shane carwin was simply just power. who did he ever beat? his fight iq was so bad in the brock fight.

then brock lost to allistar and cain the first two legit challenges. then he beats mark hunt on steroids so it gets turned to a nc. and he fucked marks head up a legend of the sport fighting on steroids like a bitch.

you must have brain damage or just be so confused by the ufc hype machine and your love for brock you completely over look the facts.

Dude, he came out of nowhere and competed at the highest level the UFC HW division had at the time. I take nothing away from him... He was insane to try... somehow succeeded. Then the reality of being a one dimensional champ set in.

I thought Lesnar would be able to get the td as well at the time. Still feel like he never really put his all into that fight in terms of wanting to win. Overeem was a monster but Brock was still Brock

That first kick Overeem threw to the body changed the entire fight. Given Brocks stomach at the time was essentially a mass or recently healed scar tissue, I'm not surprised.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back