Someone please explain to me (logically) the hype over Al Iaquinta

I’m talking about every time his name is brought up against a top tier opponent. Khabib (before the fight), Ferguson, at the moment Aldo, there are a good amount of people who assume al walks through them by ko.

Oh...I see.

Let me explain the problem here. You're completely imagining these things taking place. Nobody is doing that, and if anyone is it sure isn't an amount of people worth noting.

I have no idea what you're doing.

Al is a great fighter though who's a tough fight for anyone in the division.

He beat Jorge Masvidal and Kevin Lee, which are quality wins.

"Same old Al" still holds true. He still just marches forward and gets jabbed to death while ignoring leg kicks entirely. He's incredibly tough, but that's about it. Having lost to someone ranked 15, he's going back to his rightful place in the division, so it all evened out in the end.

Al is a good very basic fighter that just brings it, that's all I see...

I think there is too little hype about him?

No, he's not the best anywhere but he brings a skillset that is problematic even for the best..

No quit, can take punishment, impossible to kill on the ground or on the feet, ok power, very good cardio etc..

If you fuck up/gas he's gonna get you.. not elite in the usual sense of the word but i'd say his collected abilities makes him a live dog against elite fighters..

I like any fighter who brings it.. :)

I was there in the arena when he fought Masvidal. It was an absolute joke decision and 99.99% of the arena agreed

Back