Media Someone needs to tell Conor that nobody wants to see him vs Frankie

Im not super hyped up for This fight but i Will watch it ofcorse.... Frankie deserves this matchup

I hate this matchup. I expect Conor to be too much for Frankie. It's the only fight in which I expect Frankie to be finished.

its getting pathetic for Conor picking the small man.

Gaethje or even cowboy are the right choices for a comeback fight. Nobody wants to see Frankie dance around Conor for 5 rounds trying not to get hit.

Pessimistic me sees Conor offering his purse to charity as an attempt to build an argument for character in upcoming court cases.....

they need to give Conor someone he can beat. Frankie prob the only top ten guy who Conor can handle at this point in time.
I thought Frankie going down to featherweight? Guess he will be happy to put those plans on hold to get a money fight like this.
I am glad to see Franki getting a big payday fight , he deserves it but dont think this fight will end well for him

He wrestled at Clarion University which is a D1 school with a heavy wrestling focus. His MMA wrestling is fantastic. He hasn't used it much lately but if you watch any of Frankies fights, especially the older ones you can see how good his wrestling really is.
I’ve seen his wrestling against Max. Looked horrible, easy to see that he struggles with bigger guys.

No disrespect to Frankie but he's not even in LW talk or sight and for Conor to chose that as his comeback fight just shows you how badly he was broken by Khabib and I for one love it!

You would watch, you know it
Honestly, nope.

Stephens vs Yair is 100 more interesting, and that's not even the main event next weekend.

The reality is, this fight makes no fucking sense at all, and is not even intriguing...it's just purely nonsensical. Why not have Conor fight BJ Penn, while we're at it? So Conor wants to get back in the cage and fight a guy who just announced he'd cut down to 135? LOL, okay, balls of steel fight there, right?

Frankie is a legend of the sport, so no disrespect to him...he's been a great champ at 155 at some point. And a top 145er for a long time. He's got the heart of a lion, and you can never count him out. He's had mixed success over the last two years, and he just turned 38...I hate to say it, but it looks like his best years are behind him now.

Looks like Conor needs a big paycheck to pay for all these settlements after acting like a punk so many times. He probably knows that his star is fading, and feels like he desperately needs a win to somewhat re-ignite it before it's completely forgotten/irrelevant.

I guess the whisky sales went down for the last few quarters...

Pessimistic me sees Conor offering his purse to charity as an attempt to build an argument for character in upcoming court cases.....
You're not the only one.

That's also not pessimistic. He's given you absolutely no reason to believe that shit....you're right to doubt it

well if Edgar beats Mcg ,it's over for him, at least with big ppv and special treatment, he would literally need to climb the ladder in lv.
For me this fight is meaningless, tired of conor drama and i kinda hope he loses.
It is meaningless.

Lol right
He got a taste of that left hand and didn't like... next time he goes stiff
89ae8ce4-cdfc-11e9-9cec-db56b3c139e7_image_hires_120312.JPG

Mendes- interim title
Diaz- a million dollars
He already earned a title shot. Tony didn’t take an interim title shot against Dustin.

And he makes a million dollars whoever he fights. He didn’t need to fight a last minute replacement with no title on the line and again could have waited for the title shot he was already signed for.

its getting pathetic for Conor picking the small man.

Gaethje or even cowboy are the right choices for a comeback fight. Nobody wants to see Frankie dance around Conor for 5 rounds trying not to get hit.

ok, you suggest Gaethje and Cowboy.
Have them fight each other and see how well they do.

It’s simply the Conor factor that sells.

Back