Someone has had bursitis before?

genkisudo69

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I am suffering a bad bursitis in my knee.
Two weeks with antibiotic and anti-inflammatory and resting.
it sucks!
anyexperience with bursitis?:icon_cry2

i've never heard of it until now.. looked it up on wikipedia and saw the pics, and i gotta say you got my sympathies man. that shit looks harsh. get better soon!

Yes, in my shoulder. From what others at my gym have told me it is one of the more annoying somewhat common injuries, which doesn't surprise me. It took a good month until i was back feeling 100%.

I've had it in both knees. It sucks. I took a week or so off and wore kneepads after that, and ended up screaming at least twice per practice.

in my right elbow.

took a few weeks of taking it easy and following the doctors care to get it down. That was about 10 years ago and i have never had it come back.

i think here in sherdog we know every injury of every muscle and bone.
i had a bursitis in my left knee, and after two weeks of antibiotic does

Ive got bursitis in my left shoulder. Hurst alot. Ive started stretching and doing exercises to strengthen my rotator cuff and took anti inflammatory for a month. I didnt listen to the doctor on no rolling though.

I had it in my left knee before a fight, I normally wear a knee brace on that side so I didn't realize how bad it was. I couldn't take time off because I had a fight so I just worked around it. Kneepads helped a lot. After my fight I took some time off to let it heal. For me it didn't hurt unless it got aggravated like getting kicked in the knee or penetrating too hard with my knee.

In my hip. Make sure you stretch a lot because it is usually caused from tight tendons rubbing against the bursae. At least it is in my case.
It is annoying and it will take months to get back to normal.
But you have to work towards fixing the cause and not just the symptoms or else it will come right back.

I had bursitis in my left knee before. Went to an orthopedist and had it drained...then made sure the knee was wrapped for a week (no rolling during that period and no knee/leg exercises other then walking). After restraining from physical activity during that period, my knee looked normal again. I always wear knee pads now to protect my knee from getting too banged up.

I've had it in both knees and both elbows. Particularly when we're working shots a lot I get it bad in my knees. I wear kneepads all of the time. My elbows get so bad that when I'm driving my car I can't even rest my arms on the armrests. Doctor told me rest it, ice it and ibuprofen.

Here's mine from early september. Fucking agony got prescribed morphine and on a 24 hr drip for a week then antibiotics for 3 weeks after. Back training full steam ahead now though, just wear knee pads and ice my knees after heavy training. Had a month off in total and rolling before I should have he he he.....

Septic bursitis | Facebook

Here's mine from early september. Fucking agony got prescribed morphine and on a 24 hr drip for a week then antibiotics for 3 weeks after. Back training full steam ahead now though, just wear knee pads and ice my knees after heavy training. Had a month off in total and rolling before I should have he he he.....

Septic bursitis | Facebook

Also add that it took four different types of drugs to find one to kill the infection, I missed a grading had to spend a night in hospital. The black lines were drawn to track the spread of infection and it got much bigger than the area shown as that pic was taken on a wednesday and the drugs kicked in a few days later. On the plus side I do have 2 boxes of morphine left!:D

To show how quick it happened, the following video was taken about 12 hours before I was at the emergency room on a drip.

YouTube - Matty and Ryan flow rolling

I get it from time to time in both knees. It hurts a lot. I quit wasting money going to the doctors for it and just use RICE when I'm at home, knee pads when it is really bothering me, and a lot of ibuprofen. Sometimes I even take a few days or a week off because of it.

I've had it in both shoulders and both knees. I ended up getting a bunch of steroid shots in my shoulder which was a big mistake. It weakened the tendons and I ended up with a torn rotator cuff. So I would advise RICE and exercise before the steroid shots. Actually I wouldn't advise the cortisone at all.

Also add that it took four different types of drugs to find one to kill the infection, I missed a grading had to spend a night in hospital. The black lines were drawn to track the spread of infection and it got much bigger than the area shown as that pic was taken on a wednesday and the drugs kicked in a few days later. On the plus side I do have 2 boxes of morphine left!:D

To show how quick it happened, the following video was taken about 12 hours before I was at the emergency room on a drip.

YouTube - Matty and Ryan flow rolling

yups! i don

Yep, had it in both elbows (at the same time) from wrecking my motorcycle during a race (Yeah, I know, me & injuries from wrecking motorcycles are a recurring theme). Took about a year for it to heal up. I had to get hard plastic elbow guards (like from inline skating) & cut out the soft padding inside where the bursal sacs on my elbows would touch. I also had to glue some closed cell foam on the hard plastic so it wouldn't damage the mats.

Back