Someone explain twitter to an old man

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Why do people post stuff and then add a bunch of #this #that #confused after? They all appear to be a link to the post? Do people search for just hashtags? A lot of them seem oddly specific. What is the purpose?

I was competitant on myspace and facebook but twitter I have never gotten my head around! Too complicate!

# means hash which is short for hashish

It’s a call sign to legalize marijuana and drugs.

Hash tags (#sherdog, for instance) will allow you to search common posts.

Its a bunch of narcissistic cunts posturing like peacocks.

What is the purpose?

Imagine an AOL chatroom where your post is available to every chatroom. The hashtag is designed as a filter for outside users to browse the specific chatrooms(topics) youre participating in.

Twitter is stupid. So is Facebook and Instagram and all that other gay shit.

Why do people post stuff and then add a bunch of #this #that #confused after? They all appear to be a link to the post? Do people search for just hashtags? A lot of them seem oddly specific. What is the purpose?
The hash tags are internet searches of common posts. It's basically a clever way of calling out a particular thing or idea. Personally, I never understood the appeal of Twitter. It's an extremely limited platform in comparison to Facebook (and the former My Space). I always felt like it was just useless data overload. That social media platform should have died out shortly after it was conceived.

The best it has been described to me by someone who likes it is as a news feed of topics you are interested in. You see a headline and you can drill into the info further if you like by clicking the link to a full story. I think nowadays most people use it to shitpost like our president does.

Back