Someone define 'out of competition'

"The effects of cocaine on performance are minimal and are limited to increasing arousal and alertness with low doses. As the dose increases, detrimental effects such as reduced co-ordination and unwarranted aggression are frequently reported."

Not too mention the crash.For every occasion you party with cocaine you're going to lose a few days training feeling like garbage.

Recreational drugs are permitted out of competition. PED's are not.

False sir. If you over indulge then yeah you will feel like crap, however it takes a almost scary amount to feel like crap the next day, let alone a couple days. although some people may have higher tolerance

"The effects of cocaine on performance are minimal and are limited to increasing arousal and alertness with low doses. As the dose increases, detrimental effects such as reduced co-ordination and unwarranted aggression are frequently reported."

Not too mention the crash. For every occasion you party with cocaine you're going to lose a few days training feeling like garbage.

Recreational drugs are permitted out of competition. PED's are not.

Coke is a stimulant. Stimulants are performance enhancing. Ever tried to fight a meth head?

It's only a stimulant when you're actually on it. Hence it is illegal in competition, but not out of competition. Fight a guy who took meth a month ago and see what affect it has on his performance.

It's only a stimulant when you're actually on it. Hence it is illegal in competition, but not out of competition. Fight a guy who took meth a month ago and see what affect it has on his performance.

I completely agree. it was not on fight night. Who cares....other than people stocking up on ammunition for their "i hate jones" guns

So... why do they even bother testing 1 month out?

Because a lot of substances are banned both in and out of competition - like steroids.

Non-PED drugs like weed and coke are only going to get you busted if you test positive for them after the fight. At least for the cocaine it can be performance enhancing if used during the actual fight.

What I'm curious to know is how long has he been taking coke for as it is a highly addictive drug and if he had not been taking any for a few weeks when he took the drug test after the fight and tested negative how has he been coping without?

Interesting how this has now come out, with him talking about moving to Albuquerque, and on the day of the fight he said he didn't feel motivated, didn't want coffee but went to the fans to sign autographs to get him going. That to me shows he is was feeling the affects of not having a hit in order to pep himself up.

And with him moving closer to his training camp is him wanting to try and sort himself. I think its a good move for him and takes courage to admit when you have an addiction problem.

All makes sense now what he was talking about in his interview and on the day of the fight.

Great thread; very informative regarding the minutia of testing, terminology and time periods.

I still fail to see the big deal here, however.

Kinda bs how training camps are exempt from being in-competition.

What I'm curious to know is how long has he been taking coke for as it is a highly addictive drug and if he had not been taking any for a few weeks when he took the drug test after the fight and tested negative how has he been coping without?

Interesting how this has now come out, with him talking about moving to Albuquerque, and on the day of the fight he said he didn't feel motivated, didn't want coffee but went to the fans to sign autographs to get him going. That to me shows he is was feeling the affects of not having a hit in order to pep himself up.

And with him moving closer to his training camp is him wanting to try and sort himself. I think its a good move for him and takes courage to admit when you have an addiction problem.

All makes sense now what he was talking about in his interview and on the day of the fight.

I think you might have been misinformed. It's not a particularly addictive drug. Only roughly 5% of users become addicted after 2 years of use. He most likely likes to party from time to time, that's it.

So why is a recreational drug not allowed during competition then.

I mean they have stripped and suspended fighters for testing positive for weed???

Weed isn't a performance enhancer...yet cocaine clearly is......just like amphetamines?

You've never done drugs. Coke is highly addictive at Tony Montana levels. If you do some blow at a club you actually won't be a raving maniac the next day.
Jesus drug virgins.

I think you might have been misinformed. It's not a particularly addictive drug. Only roughly 5% of users become addicted after 2 years of use. He most likely likes to party from time to time, that's it.

Huh?:rolleyes:

Cocaine not particularly addictive?

And you are calling him misinformed?

Back