Someone convince me CM Punk will not get butt-brutalized by Mickey Gall

Will Punk get hit with a uniform violation for that pepsi logo on his shoulder?? ;)

So much homo in this thread. No eye contact

Calling it now, fight will be a work.

They will tell Gall to take a fall, or at least go easy so CM Punk looks ok.

Butt brutalized?

giphy.gif

Punks gonna get a beating. It's gonna be hilarious. My prediction is he joins the UFC for this one fight, gets finished in the first round, and we never see him in the octagon again.

CM Punk is a master at Ring Psychology. He held the WWE Championship for 434 days and has gone undefeated in the UFC since being announced on the roster. I am excited to see what he will be bringing with him to the octagon!

Honestly if Punk were 10 years younger. Maybe there would be time for him to develop. No doubt he is a tough dude. Prowrestling is not for the faint of heart. But just being a semi tough guy doesn't mean you're a good fighter. What Punk is he's an entertainer, actor and stuntman. All of which don't transfer over to MMA abilities. The thing about Brock is that he had legit college wrestling background. Had legit competition background on top of being a physical specimen only few people are blessed with. He did OK being a 1 demensional fighter at the current time when he was in the UFC but in 2016 he wouldn't be able to coast on his athletic ability and wrestling. MMA has evolved in just a short span.

I think this is just a bucket list type of deal for Punk. He's already rich. He's already well known as a celebrity. He wanted to compete in a MMA at least a couple of times before he got too old. I remember Joe Rogan considered trying it when he was around Punks age at 37-38. But now Rogan is almost 50 and that boat has sailed. Maybe Rogan has some regrets. We never know. But in this case. Punk wants to try it. We're all curious to see how we would fare in a real fight. Especially someone who has been fake fighting for almost 20 years. No doubt it entered his mind on how he would fare in a real fight. Just the thrill of the competition is enough. In prowrestling there is no competition. It's a show. The only thing they compete for is spots on the program through politicing and merchandise/ratings.

Honestly I can see Win or Lose Punk is gonna have fun. Wants to see what he's made out of. If he loses. At least he tried it. If he wins. He can keep pursuing this new career.

I think the odds are against him. Micky Gall is 23. Hungry. This is it. If he beats CM Punk the UFC is gonna have to keep him around for a while. While CM Punk most likely is one and done if he loses. Waits a year or so to lick his wounds better his image. Then goes back to prowrestling eventually.

Punks gonna get a beating. It's gonna be hilarious. My prediction is he joins the UFC for this one fight, gets finished in the first round, and we never see him in the octagon again.
I agree. He gets smoked

I'm interested in another question: Where does Punky go if he gets stomped in less than 3 minutes?

Take another fight at the age of 38?

CM punk has taken on opponent s several weight classes above him and demonstrated tremendous strength:

tumblr_mrse2o13MV1qhjbxeo6_250.gif

Legit striking ability:

proxy

SmYMI.gif

Even when on the ground (solid chin too, look at that):

wwegif5.gif

Not to mention his athleticism:

cu6a5.gif

He is a Sage-level athlete

Oh and how can we forget his ground game:

S6uTYvK.gif
giphy.gif

Punk vs Schaub at Metamoris.. Book it Da.. umm.. Ralek!

It's a fight. There will be one winner and one loser. Both are inexperienced. Is it so hard to just respect them for stepping in there? And how much does it reflect on your own life and the risks you take when you constantly shit on fighters for failing?

What does it mean "butt - brutalize"?

It's a fight. There will be one winner and one loser. Both are inexperienced. Is it so hard to just respect them for stepping in there? And how much does it reflect on your own life and the risks you take when you constantly shit on fighters for failing?
This has basically been my thought process on the whole thing. Everyone's taking it so goddamn personally, acting like his getting in the cage is a personal slight against them. Its always seemed like more of a reflection of their inability to pursue the things they wish they had, or could.

...and I really hate the argument that he's taking up a spot that someone with actual fight experience could have. Its not like the UFC is working with a mandatory 52 man roster with final cuts looming.

CM Punk is a master at Ring Psychology. He held the WWE Championship for 434 days and has gone undefeated in the UFC since being announced on the roster. I am excited to see what he will be bringing with him to the octagon!
The sad thing is I am not sure if you are srs

He's also the "The Best in the World". There's no way this guy will lose.

Gall is what he is but I reckon he makes quick work of Punk, GNP TKO inside 5mins.

Back