Someone convince me CM Punk will not get butt-brutalized by Mickey Gall

Okay, I'm gonna play Devil's Advocate here for a sec:

CM Punk is training at Roufusport. Duke Roufus is a great striking coach. He's been training there for over a year. Okay, it's not exactly a lifetime. But a great camp and a great coach can make a huge difference. With a top-level coach and camp, isn't it possible that he is competitive with a guy whose record is 2-0? Especially since CM Punk, having been a pro-"wrestler", was already in decent physical shape? This isn't some out-of-shape guy training for a year and a half before getting into a UFC fight.

That said, Gall is going to butt-brutalize him quickly.

More material for the Devil's Advocate side of the argument:

Gall's pro career has been about five months long.

The two guys Gall has beaten to date had a combined 0-1 record when he faced them.

Pretty sure Gall and his two opponents to date all had day jobs.

That's not to say that Punk will win, but it's pretty much the level of competition he would be expected to face for his first fight, regardless of whether that happened in the UFC or on some local fight card.

Punk is a white belt in BJJ and hits the bag like an old woman.

Gall's hands aren't the best but he did just KO a golden gloves boxer (albeit a complete amateur in MMA) on the feet in 45 seconds. Also a brown belt in BJJ.

Punk is probably one of the few guys to have fought in the UFC in the past 5/10 years who quite a few fans could actually beat up. I'm a brown belt in BJJ for example, I could mangle the guy on the floor.

Mikey is pretty legit, he is long with good power and a good ground game, he is not a bum. How can they give Punk Mikey for his first fight?

sn_g_punk05jr_576x863.jpg

lDzVYfz.png
Gall ain't shit, CM punk by split decision lol

Yeah, based on how Gall looked last night I'm gonna say Punk is in for an ass beating. But who knows.
He had fought in amateur MMA and as a kickboxer, it's not like he was completely inexperienced. Plus Gall only had 1 fight himself.
Yeah he looked legit tonight

I know the feeling of being butt-brutalized, and i have to say.....give CM a day or two and he will be fine, maybe he gets lucky and it awakens something in him?

There is no logical reason why anyone should feel he will win. He is a guy going into another sport, at and old age. He is not relatively fast, athletic, strong. His biggest attribute is charisma. Odds should be atleast 3 to 1 against him and that says a lot because he is fighting a fighter with a record of 2 - 0

Does anyone have the pic of CM looking scared cageside? Can't seem to find it.

if male on male ass brutalization is expected for this fight...i wont be watching

from the linked article:

"When Jackson first got a call from Legacy matchmaker Collin Cantrell recently, he was really confused. Cantrell was talking about Gall and Legacy and a fight in early February. Jackson wasn't really sure where he fit in.

"In my head I'm thinking, 'Y'all gonna fly me to Minnesota to come take pictures of Mickey Gall?'" Jackson said.

No, Cantrell explained to Jackson. We want you to fight Gall, the matchmaker told him.

"I was like, 'Fight who?'" Jackson said. "He's like, 'If you fight Mickey Gall, you get CM Punk.' That's how they're hyping this up to me. I was like, 'This makes no sense. What are you talking about?'"

Pardon Jackson if he was a little confused. "The Truth" has exactly one bout of MMA experience -- an amateur fight in 2012. He's fought as a pro boxer and kickboxer, but sparingly. He's been out of training the last few months due to an injury and school, just completing his degree from the University of Houston.

Jackson is many things in MMA. He's a photographer, a videographer, an interviewer and blogger. He's been credentialed at two UFC events and a handful of others like Strikeforce and Invicta. Jackson, who has a successful website (mikethetruth.com), considers himself an MMA personality. But he's really not an MMA fighter, per say"

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/3...oes-through-mike-jackson-who-thinks-the-whole

Brutal find; Wizard of Oz shit.

I'm thinking Punk will attempt to take it to the ground (I've heard he had been training BJJ since before joining UFC). From what I can tell, Gall is primarily a striker. The old grappler vs striker matchup gives enough space that nothing is a lock.

In short, we'll have to wait to see what happens, but on paper at least, it's not a one sided murder in the making.

He should fight Nate. Just because Nate wouldn't stop tauting him for a minute during the entire fight, it would be a whole 15 minutes of someone tauting, crossing his arms and staring Punk down.

There's no reason for Gall to touch his butt, so it's very unlikely that he will get butt-brutalized. Not sure why you think he would.

Punk is probably going to lose, but none of us have ever seen him fight, so who knows? Personally, I hope he surprises everyone and wins, mainly to stick it to all the wannabe tough guys who don't actually have the balls to do what he's doing, but love to talk shit about him anyway.

Wasn't Jackson a boxer or kickboxer or something?
Who had at least competed in MMA fights before, pro or not.

He has years more fighting experience than CM Punk ever will.

Hahha I like "butt brutalized"

Sounds to me like Gall has beaten 2 guys better than Punk so yeah

Punk should be fighting Dirty Mike from Dirty Mike and the Boys.

Back