Somebody buys/pours you a shot...

Last time someone bought me a shot it was tequila.

I took the shot.

I regret that decision.

If it was a cosmo i would decline.

687883034_3750964445001_Dan-Stevens-gets-into-a-bar-fight-in-The-Guest-clip.mp4%20copy.preview.png

No one says hiya! Its okay, I'll sometimes greet with 'sup. Ugh.
I DO day s'up ! And do the hands thing, but only in a joking way.
Internally tell yourself to go back on.
You changed where you live, not who you are. If you said hiya yesterday, then do so today.

Adapt to laws, but still be yourself.
I just think they think "what???" and that maybe I'm putting it on for English effect. I'm as English as English can be and you're right, at nearly 40 I don't think that's ever going to change.

I just think they think "what???" and that maybe I'm putting it on for English effect. I'm as English as English can be and you're right, at nearly 40 I don't think that's ever going to change.

Nor should it.
Be yourself, it's part of your unique charm, which is universal.
If you wanna be someone else, go join theatre.

I mean if they just randomly buy it for me out of nowhere, I don't feel obligated to, no.

And if I buy someone a shot, I've told them something like, "Hey man lemme buy u a drank" or "Next one's on me !" or something like that.

If it's been discussed I guess I expect them / me to drink it, but I wouldn't hold it against anyone if by the time the drink arrives they are / I am not feeling it anymore (I mean, who hasn't from one second to the next realized they're much drunker than they thought they were)

Always.

Unless it's a girly shot, then I'll politely decline and order myself a beam.

I think it's more of a drinkers' thing than a gender thing. Like someone else mentioned I'd never drink anything I'd think was going to be horrible but if I'm at a bar and someone buys me a shot I'll definitely drink it.

I'm super wary. I've been roofied twice and once in high school I was invited over to a friend's house to study...turns out most of the football team was there and they sat around a table with me and put a bottle of vodka in front of me expecting me to down it. God knows what their intention was.

I DO day s'up ! And do the hands thing, but only in a joking way.

The hands thing? I may know what you're referring to, that's the gesture I use when saying "yo".

My accent has always been boring ole west coast. However my village folk up north have an accent that pours out very slowly. Its not a particularly charming accent nor does it work well in the city. Luckily I shed that during childhood. Self conscious of the accent returning I learned how to fire out words too fast for some it seems.

Don't you go changing though. We enjoy your quirkiness.

I'm super wary. I've been roofied twice and once in high school I was invited over to a friend's house to study...turns out most of the football team was there and they sat around a table with me and put a bottle of vodka in front of me expecting me to down it. God knows what their intention was.

That will definitely alter your view on shots. And football.

If you're chilling with the bros and shots are poured it's mandatory that you drink yours, if you turn down a shot call expect to be disrespected continuously for the rest of the night

Now if it's just some rando at a bar trying to buy me a shot then it would depend on how drunk I was already

You're the person I learned to drink with.

Some knew my limit was before theirs and cut some slack. But because my limit was seen as inferior there were times I got them fucked up something bad.

Yes, you are obligated but it's annoying when someone buys you some shitty shot you would never order yourself and you have to drink it.

If I was planning or wanted to drink that day then sure of course. But If not then no, even if it's just one shot. I'm an all or nothing guy when it comes to drinking. If I'm drinking I'm having at least 5 shots.

I hate beer would never accept a beer

On my 18th birthday my now hubby bought me two prairie fire and one shot of tequila to chase them.

I took them like a champ but holy shit. Not sure prairie fire is a shot recognized anywhere but Canada.

I beg to differ.

Oh?

Speaking of shit beer, when are you and Eamon going to have me over to get drunk?

Was waiting till you show up. Where we doing this?!

Like I said, your call. I'm broke so you'll have to arrange airfare. Your green name tells me you're rich. I expect first class for me and my entourage.

On my 18th birthday my now hubby bought me two prairie fire and one shot of tequila to chase them.

I took them like a champ but holy shit. Not sure prairie fire is a shot recognized anywhere but Canada.

Just googled prairie fire... Some of you North Americans are bizarre, what in the fuck is the point?

If i buy a friend a shot and they dont drink it because they're worried they're going to throw up or some gay excuse like that i call em pussies for the rest of the night.

I'm not obligated, but Hell will freeze over before i turn down a drink lol

Back