Somebody buys/pours you a shot...

Unless you're dd or have a medical reason, take it.

If you're chilling with the bros and shots are poured it's mandatory that you drink yours, if you turn down a shot call expect to be disrespected continuously for the rest of the night

Now if it's just some rando at a bar trying to buy me a shot then it would depend on how drunk I was already

Hahahaha. You guys think someone is obligated to consume an intoxicating substance just because it's offered to you?

This may be where my gender makes my opinion different.

True. A) You probably get offered drinks much more often and B) The intention is usually a pick-up.

Makes the situation way different.

Beer is for sissy's, everybody knows that.

hulk.jpg

Thems fightin' words.

Hahahaha. You guys think someone is obligated to consume an intoxicating substance just because it's offered to you?

A woman voted yes as well. But Euro rules may apply.

Do you feel obligated to drink it?

On the flip side. If you buy/pour a shot for somebody else do you always expect them to drink it?

Thread isn't about beer. You'd be a damn fool to turn down a beer.

If you are at an establishment that serves alcohol and someone buys you a shot and you turn it down then GTFO and go to a damn coffee shop.

yeah she was already pretty advanced..

she's not retarded but she's very slow...sometimes her eyes wander and you're not really sure wheres she's looking...i'm 30 now, this was 15 years ago when we all worked in a grocery store. She still works there...she was a smart girl.

Maybe she kept the hard partying up for all those years? And maybe she started doing even harder drugs? Maybe she stays high at work now? Do you know her personally at this point?

3 shots of everclear is equivalent to something like 6-7 shots of vodka and most people have done that in a night.

I've been meaning to ask. Has your speech changed any since you've moved? I know it hasn't been long since either of us relocated but I know mine has altered a bit. Down here I have to speak slower and louder than what I was used to or risk repeating myself. That's a thing for me now and it annoys people back home while talking on the phone.

Not even remotely, I do sometimes think in an American accent though. I get the repeating yourself thing, sometimes it would be easier but it just doesn't come to mind at the time. I think my mum was a bit worried I'd start speaking with an American accent but she's not pulled me up on it so I guess I'm just the same.

I catch myself saying "hiya" when everyone else says "hey" and internally tell myself off for it a bit.

I think it's more of a drinkers' thing than a gender thing. Like someone else mentioned I'd never drink anything I'd think was going to be horrible but if I'm at a bar and someone buys me a shot I'll definitely drink it.

"ruffy bomb haha, let's get the same girl pregnant tonight"

Maybe she kept the hard partying up for all those years? And maybe she started doing even harder drugs? Maybe she stays high at work now? Do you know her personally at this point?

3 shots of everclear is equivalent to something like 6-7 shots of vodka and most people have done that in a night.

i was sitting right across from her when she passed out. and i worked with her for 2-3 years once she came back from her coma.

so yeah i know her

Not even remotely, I do sometimes think in an American accent though. I get the repeating yourself thing, sometimes it would be easier but it just doesn't come to mind at the time. I think my mum was a bit worried I'd start speaking with an American accent but she's not pulled me up on it so I guess I'm just the same.

I catch myself saying "hiya" when everyone else says "hey" and internally tell myself off for it a bit.

No one says hiya! Its okay, I'll sometimes greet with 'sup. Ugh.

Internally tell yourself to go back on.
You changed where you live, not who you are. If you said hiya yesterday, then do so today.

Adapt to laws, but still be yourself.

Back