Social Some trans queries, present and future considered.

RetiredSlave

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Ill try and be concise.

In regard to LGBTs prolific media coverage, Ive most commonly heard the purpose is simply equality and acceptance, or conversely the erosion of the traditional family. Do you think either are true and why? If neither, what is the purpose?

Do you think the media or education saturation has a conversion effect on people, including children, that would otherwise be "normal"?

Similar to how it is presently considered barbaric to have had the existence of gay conversion camps, will it eventually be considered barbaric to refuse trans children hormonal treatments?

How profitable is it and who is reaping the winnings?

Why isnt compassionate counselling being utilized to at least first try to get children to accept themselves as they are? Ive never even heard of such a thing being considered before putting them on puberty blockers? If it was an attempted method would that eventually be looked at as barbaric as conversion camps? Also as far as Im aware the conversion camps were brutal so I know it might not be the best thing to compare something like counselling to.

Last edited:
You sound like a nazi.

Disowning family members for being LGBT is more of a erosion of the family than women preferring women. Personally I've known 4 families destroyed because they have fathers or uncles that refused to have anything to do with their gay relatives. So they literally fleed the state and tried to find a better life in which only the LGBT community are available for them..

"family Values' my fucking ass...I"ve know some of the most beautiful and awesome people who got kicked out of their family for being gay and old Uncle Kenny liked to get drunk at christmas get together and goes on a rant about how gays are a cultural marxist plot to destroy to western civilisation.

Last edited:
Do you think the media or education saturation has a conversion effect on people, including children, that would otherwise be "normal"?

Yes, not only that, it emboldens those who wish they were the opposite of what they are to make the bolder claim that they are the opposite of what they are.

i\ll take option - not giving one fuck about this problem.
thank you.

It's tough to tell how much of the OP is a bona fide attempt at discussion.

But, everyone should be troubled that "watching and waiting" treatment philosophies for individuals with identity issues has been branded "conversion" therapy.

If they don’t get depressed and contemplate suicide we can’t prescribe them a myriad of
Psych drugs before puberty hits. Truth hurts

Disowning family members for being LGBT is more of a erosion of the family than women preferring women. Personally I've known 4 families destroyed because they have fathers or uncles that refused to have anything to do with their gay relatives. So they literally fleed the state and tried to find a better life in which only the LGBT community are available for them..

"family Values' my fucking ass...I"ve know some of the most beautiful and awesome people who got kicked out of their family for being gay and old Uncle Kenny liked to get drunk at christmas get together and goes on a rant about how gays are a cultural marxist plot to destroy to western civilisation.
Good post. This has happened to some of my friends as well, it’s really sad and infuriating.

Why does it have to be LGBTs?
I mean why do the women get the first letter?

Why can't it be GBLTs? (Giblerts)

Or BLTGs?

Or TBGLs?

They're all supposed to be equal right, maybe they could switch the letters around each month, so the all get equal representation.

<seedat>

Media coverage? The purpose is neither. The purpose of media coverage, for members of the media, is awareness and ad sales. For members of the LGBT community, the purpose of seeking media coverage is to make people aware of the inequality that they face. For opponents of the LGBT community, the purpose of media coverage is to attack the LGBT community for pushing for LGBT rights and acceptance.

No, no conversion effect.

I have no idea on blocking transexual hormonal treatment because I don't know enough about the underlying causes and related science as to transexuals. And because I don't know, I try not to assume that I know better than someone who states that this is what they're feeling and/or need.

Last, there's plenty of counseling out there for people in these spaces.

You sound gay, tbh

I should have been more specific on the counselling question. Im mainly interested in knowledge or opinions on that regarding the "T". Does anyone know the general direction that sessions take for such people. Is it youre ok to be a boy if youre a boy, or is it youre ok to feel like a girl if youre a boy? If its the latter is that due to scientific concensus that being transexual is as intrinsic to the person as being attracted to the same sex? The reason I ask is because simply being gay doesnt come along with the prospect of monumentally life changing physical procedures.

I should have been more specific on the counselling question. Im mainly interested in knowledge or opinions on that regarding the "T". Does anyone know the general direction that sessions take for such people. Is it youre ok to be a boy if youre a boy, or is it youre ok to feel like a girl if youre a boy? If its the latter is that due to scientific concensus that being transexual is as intrinsic to the person as being attracted to the same sex? The reason I ask is because simply being gay doesnt come along with the prospect of monumentally life changing physical procedures.
The direction that sessions take is going to be determined by the person taking the session. What they are feeling, what they are concerned about. Therapy isn't about telling them that X is okay or that Y is okay. It's about helping them work through their individual issues to reach a place where they can live with their decisions in the best way possible.

As my wife says when it comes to therapy, she uses marriage as an example. Sometimes, therapy shows you how to repair your marriage and sometimes it shows you that you need to get divorced. It's person specific.

So, for one person wrestling with gender issues, therapy is going to suggest that they give themselves more time to work through what they really want (I'm feeling this way but I'm not sure what it means or where it's coming from). For another person it might be about how to manage their gender issues in the face of potential social or familial rejection (I'm feeling this way but I'm scared because of what my friends will think). You just don't know until you've spent time with the client.

To return to the marriage example. Someone says "I hate my spouse", you don't agree or disagree about if they hate their spouse, instead you ask "Why do you think that is?" and go from there. And sometimes they don't really hate their spouse and sometimes they really, really do. And sometimes people have legitimate gender issues than can only be resolved with intervention and sometimes they don't. It's just not black and white enough to say that it's always, or even mostly, one direction in therapy sessions.

Who you callin' queries?

Media coverage? The purpose is neither. The purpose of media coverage, for members of the media, is awareness and ad sales. For members of the LGBT community, the purpose of seeking media coverage is to make people aware of the inequality that they face. For opponents of the LGBT community, the purpose of media coverage is to attack the LGBT community for pushing for LGBT rights and acceptance.

No, no conversion effect.

I have no idea on blocking transexual hormonal treatment because I don't know enough about the underlying causes and related science as to transexuals. And because I don't know, I try not to assume that I know better than someone who states that this is what they're feeling and/or need.

What inequality? What rights don't the mentally ill have?

What inequality? What rights don't the mentally ill have?
I said inequality, I didn't rights. They're not interchangeable. Issues of legal inequality might align with issues of legal rights. But that's a different thing from what I said.

I hope that you understand this distinction.

I said inequality, I didn't rights. They're not interchangeable. Issues of legal inequality might align with issues of legal rights. But that's a different thing from what I said.

I understand that mental illness makes life more complicated.

Could you expand on what you mean by this?
re: mentally ill and inequality

Back