Some thoughts regarding Jones personality

i still don't understand why people wven care about his personality. i only like fighters because of they way that they fight

Jones is more than just the GOAT. He's the GHOAT (greatest human of all time.) He's better than Jesus. Ten years from now Vitor is going to shave a Nike swoosh into his hair to show how much he loves Jon Jones.

i still don't understand why people wven care about his personality. i only like fighters because of they way that they fight

People are confusing

They care about the personality because it's entertaining, yet they don't like to be reminded of how much like the WWE the UFC is even though they watch every press conference, instagram vid, interview, twitter beef and make threads about post fight in-cage speeches.

They want the fighters to get paid like a "legitimate" sport, but they stream the events for free, then complain about the quality of the entertainment of the cards.

An interesting hypothesis, in the capacity as a researcher in the field of psychology (with a specialiity in coping), I must admit that I am sceptical towards "syndroms" that tend to involve a great deal of reductionism, e.g. attributing all of Jones' personality traits to his place in the sibling group. I am sure you would agree. But I have also given a lot of thought to Jones' personality in relation to his siblings. What is so special in this case, is the tremendous success and athleticism of his brothers while Jon found himself lacking the same traits when playing football growing up. So whether or not it is due to the "middle sibling syndrome", I would agree that his most important "significant others" are his brothers, and he could hardly have come up with a better way to "out macho" his brothers than to become a UFC champion.

I'm also inclined to agree that he tries to hide his low self-esteem by over compensating. But again, that is why he is such an exciting and unpredictable fighter.

Btw - the Gus fight was the only fight in which his game plan to outdo his opponent at their own game, failed. He succeeded again with Glover, but I am sure he got a taste of his own limits in the Gus fight. If he had planned differently during camp and emphasized his own strenghs, the outcome may have been quite another...

Thank you for your input, and I think you are completely right regarding the application of syndromes. It is difficult and often not helpful to try to fit people into a rigid structure and although there appears to be some parallels with the siblings, I do not completely agree with things like the

Maybe. You sound like a psychology undergraduate student, but it's far more thoughtful than a majority of drivel on this site.
It is bullshit, but coherent and clever bullshit.

I've said this for years: Jones is awkward, and it makes other people feel awkward.
Not bad. No bad at all. A lot of people do not like Jones for plenty of small reasons. Sometimes the smallness of the reasons can distract from the broadness of his unlikeableness.

It is bullshit, but coherent and clever bullshit.

Not bad. No bad at all. A lot of people do not like Jones for plenty of small reasons. Sometimes the smallness of the reasons can distract from the broadness of his unlikeableness.

lol I love it. You dismiss what I said with no rebuttal of your own, and then dismiss the slightest possibility that his experiences with his brothers have contributed to him being socially awkward? Well played.

3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

Yeah, I took a psych 101 class and thought I was an expert once too.

Back