Some thoughts regarding Jones personality

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Avenged7x24, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Avenged7x24

Avenged7x24 White Belt

Hey everyone,

Disclaimer: I get that I am a white belt on this forum so I feel a need to clarify a few things to establish credibility before most Sherdoggers post the ridiculous

2. Good thread, I enjoyed the analysis.

I think he's also being strategic about defending his belt now. Gus gave him a very close call. It's better to postphone this rematch as long as possible. Gus is injury free and ready to go right now. Its more beneficial for Jones to wait. Injuries happen everyday in training, and its better to fight Gus later after a surgery or injury rehab than it is to fight him when he's 100% and thirsty for blood. I dont see this fight happening

3. pclanadmin2

pclanadmin2 SFA3 Belt

interesting read

4. HomunculusXV

HomunculusXV Blue Belt

That was a weird and kinda offense analysis of some dude you don't know but have watched do athletics on TV.

5. dropshot001

dropshot001 Red Belt

interesting analysis. i think that his "personality" is very overblown. a lot of athletes have personalities that aren't likable, but that doesn't stop fans from liking them, at least when those athletes are in sports that are not mma. michael jordan, tiger woods, etc., all have personalities or specific personality traits that are not the most desirable or the most likable, but still have huge groups of loyal fans.....i'm not completely sure why mma fans put such a premium on a fighter's personality.

6. Shoot Boxe Hero

Shoot Boxe Hero We are Rizin!

This is really getting pathetic.

If Jones is always saying what people want to hear, why are we in this predicament right now? He'd already be rematching Gus.

Also, has any fight been announced? I'm 100% sure we still don't know who and when Jones is fighting next.

And lol at low self esteem. One second Jones is the cockiest fight in the world, now you're trying to say he lacks confidence and has low self-esteem?

I think you are 100% full of shit, well except for the part where you admit you're rambling. Not to mention IF you were actually a psychologist you would know there is no way you could come to any conclusion with just interviews and tweets. You literally know nothing about Jones childhood and are merely speculating. A real psychologist wouldn't be stupid enough to make such claims based off speculation, internet interviews, and the stupid "Jones drama on this board". I mean you lose all credibility for basing this off all the drama on this forum board. A forum known for extreme bias, and in this case an overall dislike of Jon Jones.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  7. skullmaskkid

skullmaskkid Banned Banned

lol at this amateur and armchair psychology, why don't you psychoanalyze Gus's pathological need to inflict harm and violently assault innocent strangers?

8. Rucks

Rucks Blue Belt

Maybe. You sound like a psychology undergraduate student, but it's far more thoughtful than a majority of drivel on this site.

I've said this for years: Jones is awkward, and it makes other people feel awkward. That's their issues, he's got his own to work on. Don't we all? If we didn't, I would be out of work.

9. Szwok

Szwok Brown Belt

absolutely spot on imho! A very nice read through, must say i was scroling down to the: "ZOMG SO MUCH TEXT LAWL NOT READING THATZ!!! NUBFACE!" but found out soon enough while reading this is actually a very nice psycological view on how things could be within JBJ's head.

10. NosLliWhsoj

NosLliWhsoj Blue Belt

That's a lot of Horse crap, Doc.

11. Emjay

Emjay And again and again and again and ag.. zzzzzzzz

OK TS, now do Sherdoggers

12. Dr Who

Dr Who Hmm

So if he loses he will either grow from that loss or will never be the same fighter again? Hmm, seems legit...

13. Avenged7x24

Avenged7x24 White Belt

Thank you all for your feedback. While I respect all of your opinions, lol at the people getting worked up here. Maybe some of you don

14. Sole

Sole Sole Calibur

lol...

Ban TS for fighter bashing and for being a condescending dick.

Basically, just ban TS because I don't like him.

15. Avenged7x24

Avenged7x24 White Belt

It's ok, I still like you :)

16. Sole

Sole Sole Calibur

I figured so, it's pretty hard not to.

17. DarthChen731

DarthChen731 Gold Belt

tl;dr except for like, the last 2 mini-paragraphs. You may be right, but also maybe be full of horse shit.

18. Graceland

Graceland Green Belt

An interesting hypothesis, in the capacity as a researcher in the field of psychology (with a specialiity in coping), I must admit that I am sceptical towards "syndroms" that tend to involve a great deal of reductionism, e.g. attributing all of Jones' personality traits to his place in the sibling group. I am sure you would agree. But I have also given a lot of thought to Jones' personality in relation to his siblings. What is so special in this case, is the tremendous success and athleticism of his brothers while Jon found himself lacking the same traits when playing football growing up. So whether or not it is due to the "middle sibling syndrome", I would agree that his most important "significant others" are his brothers, and he could hardly have come up with a better way to "out macho" his brothers than to become a UFC champion.

I'm also inclined to agree that he tries to hide his low self-esteem by over compensating. But again, that is why he is such an exciting and unpredictable fighter.

Btw - the Gus fight was the only fight in which his game plan to outdo his opponent at their own game, failed. He succeeded again with Glover, but I am sure he got a taste of his own limits in the Gus fight. If he had planned differently during camp and emphasized his own strenghs, the outcome may have been quite another...

19. grimballer

grimballer Gold Belt

Come on doc, don't be ridiculous, it's pretty clear why most sherdoggers can't stand jones.

They just can't stand a successful young black man.

These are same ppl who worship chael sonnen.

20. Emjay

Emjay And again and again and again and ag.. zzzzzzzz

Where are the positive traits?