Some thoughts after Matt Brown vs. Silva

philbr

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
. Reminded me of Glover vs Bader. Guy with an impressive streak, near the title shot, fighting at home almost gets finished and recovers to win in great fashion. If Glover deserved a title shot after that performance, so does Matt Brown. His division is far more stacked though.

. I agree with those saying Silva gassed after failing to submit brown midway though rd1. The exact same thing happened against fitch. He wasnt hit with anything big until that moment. When they got up Silva already looked exausted.

. Silva gassing reminded me of Feijao vs. Thiago Silva. Really early, and again, i've watched the fight 2x and didnt see anything from brown that could have hurt silva until brown was almost finished by Silva.

. After gassing Silva could barely stand and surely he got his ass handed to him by brown. Took a lot of unnecessary damage since he had notinng left for brown. He proved he has heart and that DHK didnt break his chin, but at what cost? We'll see. His heart to endure the beatdown made it an epic win for brown. Other guys that were as gassed as Silva would have given up earlier, even in that same rd1. It would have been a ko/tko win for brown but not a 3-round beatdown.

. Conclusion: I was impressed with Silva right until he gassed. I lost all faith in him after the DHK KO and thought it would be a walk in the park for brown. He showed he can hang with the top guys if he manages to improve his gas tank, and that he still has a good chin and heart. He needs to improve certain aspects of his game, and i agree he could benefit from a change of camp. He should train in the US.

I was just amazed at how in hell Silva managed not to get his face mangled after receiving lots of blows from Brown. I mean, the only time he got cut was from the elbows he got from Brown.

You are on point when you said that Silva's heart made this bout as exciting as it was. And he was rewarded woth FOTN. Other fighters would've folded at the amount of pressure and blows Brown gave.

The reason silvas face wasnt a mess is cause brown was just playing pattycake

I was just amazed at how in hell Silva managed not to get his face mangled after receiving lots of blows from Brown. I mean, the only time he got cut was from the elbows he got from Brown.

You are on point when you said that Silva's heart made this bout as exciting as it was. And he was rewarded woth FOTN. Other fighters would've folded at the amount of pressure and blows Brown gave.

Yeah i agree. Those were some brutal shots.

Back