Some thoughts about tonight.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by RealMadridMMA, Dec 31, 2016.

1. RealMadridMMA

RealMadridMMA Banned Banned

Nunes and Rousey. So glad everyone finally saw what I've been seeing for years. Was tired about hearing how good Ronda's striking was, she had power and that was it. Nunes is a real beast but now there's no matchup that can excite me in the womens bantamweigh division anymore. Nunes vs.. Pena? Who gonna watch that shit? Nunes is a great and fun fighter, but there are no names anymore. Only fight is Nunes vs Holm.

Cruz vs Garbrandt. Cruz felt off the entire week all up to the face off in the octagon. He stood so far away when he normally gets in his opponents face. Right then and there I felt things were going to end bad for Dom. He was chasing Garbrandt and getting involved in brawls. There's no way he wins this fight while brawling with the boxer. I think Cruz can win the rematch if he fights defensively. Impressed with Cody's grappling, really impressed.

Midget 1 vs midget 2. TJ who complains about Dom doing nothing but running was basically backpedalling and shooting for takedowns the entire fight. He clearly felt Linekers power and wanted nothing to do with it.

Hendricks learned nothing after his loss to Lawler 2. Judges will never give him the win with that gameplan. Well deserved loss for the hulk pre usada and the blob post usada.

The other 2 fights on the main card were horrible and not worth talking about.

Happy about Rousey vs Nunes and sad about Cruz losing. He's an icon for me.

Inb4 didn't read lol
    Inb4 realmadridmma you're the best eva.

Thepaintbucket and Boomer69 like this.
  2. orwamdaka

orwamdaka White Belt

i agree with cruz vs cody , people make it seem like cody was killing him , in the fifth round cody didn't land anything significant ! . some adjustments and i can see cruz winning .

RealMadridMMA likes this.
  3. Takarh

Takarh White Belt

Ronda has good striking ?? You didn't learn to read the posts very well my dear, how often did we saw the shadow boxing gif of Ronda by people making fun of her striking ? (Wich was true unfortunatly).

I knew Ronda had little chance to win, Nunes is a beast and sticking to this obscure MMA gym was a big mistake, but I am sad she lost that way. For Cruz, hey he had a 13 fights winning streak so no need to be sorry, he can comback and for sure, the UFC will be interested in a rematch.

4. 'Suga Daddy'

'Suga Daddy' Blue Belt

Didn't read lol

5. RealMadridMMA

Yea pre holm, everybody was saying she's the Mike Tyson of MMA. She'd beat floyd in a boxing match. I was thinking am I the only one seeing her horrible striking? This was when she was "unstoppable". But sure some of us still said she sucks. Not literally the only one who saw it but one of the few. I hope Dom can come back.

6. RealMadridMMA

Too late!

7. Thepaintbucket

Thepaintbucket Silver Belt

Both 135lb fights were skilled and highly competitive fights.

Koloth likes this.
  8. Krazybee129

Krazybee129 Banned Banned

Real Madrid gets easy team in cl like...... Gets favored matching in the ufc... Fc bayern ftw

9. Takarh

Takarh White Belt

Don't worry you weren't ^^ I am not a "fan" of Ronda but I liked the way she was dominating everybody on the ground and carried WMMA (no matter what the haters said) but I always knew her stand up was very weak thanks to sticking to a stupid and obscure gym nobody goes except of her boyfriend. A great waste ...

RealMadridMMA likes this.
  10. 'Suga Daddy'

'Suga Daddy' Blue Belt

How u started the thread?