Rumored A Reputable Russian Source Say That Zabit vs Alexander Volkanowski is in The Works For UFC 254

Cool. That will help the division too because it will give more options for Kattar, who now can fight Yair or Max.

I can totally see this happening. Volk getting a ton of money as a champion fighting on an epic card that will sell, he must be interested.

Horseshit Zabit doesn't deserve skipping the line for many reasons

but if it happens I'll be doing something I never thought I'd do. Support Volk
Zabit is ranked 3rd behind Max who lost to Volk twice and Ortega who got dominated and never fought since. He’s not skipping any line.

Both Zabit and Volkanovski would appeal to the Russian market, smart move to make these fighters visible to the Slavic world on a Khabib card.

Course he doesn't but dont tell the Zabit fanboys They get REAL sensitive over this one
Zabit “fanboys” are just people who look at the division realistically, Zabit is undefeated in the UFC and is the top contender.

Zabit styles on Volk with his creativity. Wins a 49-46 UD
Think you mean attempt to style on him for about a round a half before being gassing and subsequently get picked apart in the championship rounds, and likely finished come the 5th.

Zabit “fanboys” are just people who look at the division realistically, Zabit is undefeated in the UFC and is the top contender.
Well technically Max is still the top contender and Ortega is again technically ranked higher than Zabit. Lastly Yair's beat better competition.

Zabit is ranked 3rd behind Max who lost to Volk twice and Ortega who got dominated and never fought since. He’s not skipping any line.
Nobody knows how he got ranked that high when he fights as infrequently as he does

he was supposed to get a shot after the Yair fight Why is he being rewarded this now because Yair missed the fight He should have to fight someone or wait for Yair This to me sets a bad precedent just to give him Volk

I won't even touch the fact he's the king of exhibition 3 rounders

this

obviously people want to see him in a 5 round fight, but there's no guarantee he doesn't end the fight before that anyway. He's a fighter, if he's told he's getting a title shot, he'll train for 5 rounds. If his cardio doesn't hold up, who cares, he loses and the next guy fights.

Not sure when it became mandatory for everyone to have fought 5 rounds to get a title shot to prove their cardio etc. He's a top level talent, he has a win streak, and he's the only one that isn't tied up currently with a fight or Max.

We should take for granted that fighters are in shape for 5. And if they aren't? Fuck em, guess they're not all professionals then. On to the next one who might take the shot more seriously.

Well technically Max is still the top contender and Ortega is again technically ranked higher than Zabit. Lastly Yair's beat better competition.
That is bullshit bro.

Max lost twice, let him fight someone else now.

Ortega got dominated like a bitch and never fought since, certainly not deserving a title shot.

Yair ducked Zabit on multiple occasions. Enough said.

Zabit is the next in line.

Nobody knows how he got ranked that high when he fights as infrequently as he does

he was supposed to get a shot after the Yair fight Why is he being rewarded this now because Yair missed the fight He should have to fight someone or wait for Yair This to me sets a bad precedent just to give him Volk

I won't even touch the fact he's the king of exhibition 3 rounders
Yair pulled out of the fight vs Zabit like 3 times. That’s why Zabit is getting the title shot while Ortega and Zombie determine the next challenger.

Yair pulled out of the fight vs Zabit like 3 times. That’s why Zabit is getting the title shot while Ortega and Zombie determine the next challenger.
I'd still wait for that fight It was slated for October after Yair heals (and no No way in hell is yair ducking the likes of Zabit)

just my opinion and I'm entitled to it I dont think Zabit deserves this and I know I'm not alone

I'd still wait for that fight It was slated for October after Yair heals (and no No way in hell is yair ducking the likes of Zabit)

just my opinion and I'm entitled to it I dont think Zabit deserves this and I know I'm not alone
Volk wants that PPV money from an insane card, he gets PPV points as a champ, I see him being interested and accepting

Volk wants that PPV money from an insane card, he gets PPV points as a champ, I see him being interested and accepting
  1. The guy is already rumored to be a severe cherry picker in the division (picks and chooses who he fights on his terms usually [3 rounders])
  2. If he gets this shot, will have successfully weaseled his way into it by skirting a mandatory fight to determine contenders amongst 3 other potentials eagerly awaiting their shot at Volk
  3. How did he mysteriously jump to 3rd rank when his last fight was in November 2019 Before this he was ranked no 5 or 6 right after the Kattar fight
  4. If this title shot happens, why is he being rewarded for this?

1. The guy is already rumored to be a severe cherry picker in the division (picks and chooses who he fights on his terms usually [3 rounders])
  2. If he gets this shot, will have successfully weaseled his way into it by skirting a mandatory fight to determine contenders amongst 3 other potentials eagerly awaiting their shot at Volk
  3. How did he mysteriously jump to 3rd rank when his last fight was in November 2019 Before this he was ranked no 5 or 6 right after the Kattar fight
  4. If this title shot happens, why is he being rewarded for this?
all of that is because of the fucked up situation in the FW top 5.
If Volk wants to be on Khabib’s card, Zabit will get the title shot 100% because :

1. his current ranking and availability
2. Russian and Muslim market interest
3. Zabit himself said he got a word from the UFC brass to be considered for the next title shot

I don't agree with it but whatever the fuk

one things for sure tho if it's 3 rounds I will lose my shit

I think Zabit has done enough. undefeated. 5-0 in the UFC. Yair needs to be kicked to the curb with how little he fights and pulls out. I think Dana feels the same about Yair.

It really sounds like Dana wants alot of russian champs.
Yan
Zabit
Khabib
and now he's pushing Chamaev for a 170 belt.

Back