Some Questions

initialdproject

Blue Belt
Reaction score
ok, I know what rep range I want to be in for each set, but I want to know is for each set you should either

1. Balance out at the weight you have

or

2. Go for the max reps and change weight as you go

1 gives security and makes sure you don't fail a rep( read that working to failure is bad practice....)

2 would seem logical for better gains...

also on pull-ups
I can do 4 sets of 4-6
do I really need to add weight?

also a side note

does explosiveness in the exercise matter? Is it for more advanced lifters?

Check the "Intersesting Links and Threads:New Member Resources" Sticky.
Also try a google (or whatever search engine you like) search for louie simmons articles as well as Diesel Crew.
By the way, try progressively adding weight to your pullups while stayin in your desired rep range and yes explosivness matters.

I like to work with a predetermined rep format: 5 sets of 5 reps, 4 sets of 6 reps, or 8 sets of 2 reps. I add weight as I go. I pretty much know everything, so you should do what I do.

Wait until you can get 12-15 bw pullups before adding weight.

Barut said:
I like to work with a predetermined rep format: 5 sets of 5 reps, 4 sets of 6 reps, or 8 sets of 2 reps. I add weight as I go. I pretty much know everything, so you should do what I do.

Wait until you can get 12-15 bw pullups before adding weight.

Yeah I am at 12bw max right now. I did a 4 sets with 6,4,4,4 reps.
Add on what 5, 10, 20?

I have a predetermined rep format, it's 4 sets and each set is 4-6 reps.

Universal said:
Check the "Intersesting Links and Threads:New Member Resources" Sticky.
Also try a google (or whatever search engine you like) search for louie simmons articles as well as Diesel Crew.
By the way, try progressively adding weight to your pullups while stayin in your desired rep range and yes explosivness matters.

Yeah I checked the new member resources. I didn't see anything pretaining to my question.
The new member resources have helped me with a workout plan and gave me some good habits and info.

Back