Some questions

And oh yeah, you are awesome at all these different types of guard but don't know what they are......

Where the fuck did I say all these guards? I just said half guard and open guard, arguably 2 of the most exposed for all white belts. I don't even fuck around with spider guard or de la riva because I don't know how to even sweep from there. Get off my dick.

I'm a white belt and I'm good at this guards, because I roll with other white belts as well and this guards work well for me. I never stated I'm a fucking badass and smash black belts but yet your got your panties in a bunch over me saying that lmao. A little too insecure

Just because you don't feel confident with your game doesn't mean everyone else should. Don't display your insecurity homie.

one day i will feel confident in all of my unknown guards, homie. One day. lol

one day i will feel confident in all of my unknown guards, homie. One day. lol

I really hope you do.

Edit: Thanks to the person who told me about the bullfighter pass name, it's def it.

Last edited:
Where the fuck did I say all these guards? I just said half guard and open guard, arguably 2 of the most exposed for all white belts. I don't even fuck around with spider guard or de la riva because I don't know how to even sweep from there. Get off my dick.

I'm a white belt and I'm good at this guards, because I roll with other white belts as well and this guards work well for me. I never stated I'm a fucking badass and smash black belts but yet your got your panties in a bunch over me saying that lmao. A little too insecure

I mean you don't know how to sweep from DLR but are really good at guard? I don't get it. When a white belt says their good at anything it makes no sense (best way I can tell you without sounding insulting). Your problem is pretty simple regarding the OP and as Jags say keep heavy and tight with your legs. A thing my instructor thought is to hold the nearside pant leg like a bow and arrow so they have difficulty going anywhere. Even while your getting stacked if you lose top find the wrist as they come up and get a 2 on 1 grip in order to finish from guard (worst case scenario).

I mean you don't know how to sweep from DLR but are really good at guard? I don't get it. When a white belt says their good at anything it makes no sense (best way I can tell you without sounding insulting). Your problem is pretty simple regarding the OP and as Jags say keep heavy and tight with your legs. A thing my instructor thought is to hold the nearside pant leg like a bow and arrow so they have difficulty going anywhere. Even while your getting stacked if you lose top find the wrist as they come up and get a 2 on 1 grip in order to finish from guard (worst case scenario).

That's dumb. Do you think the old school gracie's knew about De La Riva or all the Spiderweb shit back then? No, yet they still had a good guard. They didn't even develop half guard. The reason why I say my guard is good is because I have natural flexibility and since day 1 I've been playing guard. I'm 6 months in and I feel safe and confident with my guard with other white belts and some blue belts. Even when I get stacked I don't get nervous like other people. I never said purple belts and upper belts can't stop me. They stop me and they destroy me. That's the only way I learned though and they sometimes compliment me and give me tips.

If you feel like you can't give yourself props because you're not a "black belt level", then that's your problem. Because I'm sure gonna give myself props for working my ass off and it paying off.

Where the fuck did I say all these guards?

Hmmm, quite possibly in your very first post:

Alright I'm a white belt and I got a really good guard; most of the time I find myself playing guard, deep half, open guard, and other guards where I don't even know the name (they tell me what it's called because they see me doing it, I do it because I see other higher belts doing it).

Hmmm, quite possibly in your very first post:

I'm good at the ones I mentioned, why would I be good at something I don't even know the name off? That's my bad that I did not make my post more clear.

Still got a good guard though.

That's dumb. Do you think the old school gracie's knew about De La Riva or all the Spiderweb shit back then? No, yet they still had a good guard. They didn't even develop half guard. The reason why I say my guard is good is because I have natural flexibility and since day 1 I've been playing guard. I'm 6 months in and I feel safe and confident with my guard with other white belts and some blue belts. Even when I get stacked I don't get nervous like other people. I never said purple belts and upper belts can't stop me. They stop me and they destroy me. That's the only way I learned though and they sometimes compliment me and give me tips.

If you feel like you can't give yourself props because you're not a "black belt level", then that's your problem. Because I'm sure gonna give myself props for working my ass off and it paying off.

I don't count six months "working my ass off" (not sure how much drilling you're doing) maybe i have a different ideology than you, I could give a shit if i'm sweeping all the white belts in the gym, i care about competing. That's when you can say if you're "good" or not. No you don't have a good guard, sorry to tell you. You just made a statement that makes no difference if it was there or not.

Man, if you were really good at guard, you wouldn't be a white belt. That's all I'm saying

I really hope you do.

Edit: Thanks to the person who told me about the bullfighter pass name, it's def it.

you might want to reconsider what a "really good guard" is if you can't stop the bullfighter pass. confidence in a proven ability = confidence. what you are describing is ignorance.

I don't count six months "working my ass off" (not sure how much drilling you're doing) maybe i have a different ideology than you, I could give a shit if i'm sweeping all the white belts in the gym, i care about competing. That's when you can say if you're "good" or not. No you don't have a good guard, sorry to tell you. You just made a statement that makes no difference if it was there or not.

Likewise, your statement doesn't really affect my performance to be honest. You do have a point though, I do have much to learn and tapping people doesn't mean shit, but I have worked my ass off. I trained 2 times a day at least 3 days a week in the first 5 months and now I can't do it but still make it a lot.

you might want to reconsider what a "really good guard" is if you can't stop the bullfighter pass. confidence in a proven ability = confidence. what you are describing is ignorance.

I'm ignorant because I say people my level can't pass my guard yet I admit upper belts destroy me with this move? Insecurity at it's best. Don't worry, you'll be good at retaining guard one day.

32373066_zpsc9efd2b9.jpg

LOL

Well my questions got answered so I think that was it. Thanks a lot to the people to kept it simple and helped me out. To those that were all up on my dick, thank you all too, its just motivation, I mean, what can I expect from people who even bash ADCC champs lmao.

TS, the hole you're digging is getting quite deep..

I just wanna say that as a purple belt I've rolled with plenty of white belts with annoying guards.

Annoying=code for good.

TS. Be warned. There is a ton of stuff I thought I was good at as a white belt. While, I wasn't wrong, I know more than I ever imagined there was to know about my "really good" positions. I will probably know even more tomorrow.

Just saying, if a high school student came up to an adult and said they understood life, the adults would laugh.

Same thing.

Hey TS, why don't you videotape yourself playing your amazing guard and let us give an objective opinion?

Back