Some questions about boxing

I didn't say it was meaningless, just not a title that's in every division that's regularly defended. I'm not an expert on this by any means. That's just how I see it to my knowledge but if I'm wrong then I'm okay with being corrected.
The RING belt is actually the only belt given when the 2 consensus best fighters in a weight class fight and there's no sanctioning fees involved in winning it.

The RING belt is actually the only belt given when the 2 consensus best fighters in a weight class fight
Not always necessarily but it definitely is "the belt" in my opinion

Not always necessarily but it definitely is "the belt" in my opinion
Well, if its vacant, thats the way its SUPPOSED to be.

Of course it can be won by someone ranked lower if they beat the guy with the belt.

The RING belt is actually the only belt given when the 2 consensus best fighters in a weight class fight and there's no sanctioning fees involved in winning it.
Do you know what criteria is used for assessing who the best 2 guys are? I imagine there are plenty of debatable calls.

Well, if its vacant, thats the way its SUPPOSED to be.

Of course it can be won by someone ranked lower if they beat the guy with the belt.
I thought you didn't necessarily have to "fight for it" it can just be rewarded

Right now there's a bunch of divisions without one...including heavyweight. But i think they said Wilder vs Fury will be deciding that

Do you know what criteria is used for assessing who the best 2 guys are? I imagine there are plenty of debatable calls.
I really don't know exactly.

The RING belt's credibility took a bit of a hit when Oscar bought the company but to his credit, it never has turned into the Golden Boy belt.

I thought you didn't necessarily have to "fight for it" it can just be rewarded

Right now there's a bunch of divisions without one...including heavyweight. But i think they said Wilder vs Fury will be deciding that
Well its not sanctioned. I guess your right, its is awarded but usually in the circumstances I mentioned.

Well its not sanctioned. I guess your right, its is awarded but usually in the circumstances I mentioned.
Most recent belt they gave out were Prograis Taylor that i remember and that was certainly #1 vs #2 so i guess neither of us are wrong

Would anyone here be interested in forming some kind of voting panel to determine the Sherdog Belt? We could award it and act like its a big deal like the other random belts. It would probably be more indicative of merit than a super mayan belt or whatever.

Back