Opinion Some People Who Favor Guns Are Shooting Themselves In The Foot With This

Yes, it's called a short barrel rifle.

Surpass? Nothing. Essentially equal to or would get the job done. Any semi auto center fire with quality ammo.

The AR really is the Swiss Army knife. It encompasses calibers from .22lr, pistol calibers intermediate calibers, magnum, etc. Barrel lengths from 3" to 26"+. You can set it up for literally any purpose other than probably elr shooting.

Why are you asking this question?
To illustrate that comparing them to assault rifles isn't necessarily some stretch of the imagination. They can be configured to basically be semi automatic assault rifles.

If it's the Swiss Army knife of rifles couldn't you build one for CQB? If you wanted to kill people what other firearm available to civilians would surpass it's effectiveness?

Edited to add I'm not for banning them.
The point is he claimed to be an "expert" yet thinks an AR15 is a "machine gun" that needs to be banned based on how he voted in the poll I linked.

First off..
I am NOT anti-gun, I do not currently own any weapons but I have used them in the past to hunt and kill my own food. I served and retired from the Military and am an expert on the M-16 and M-9 platforms.

skynews-block-19-lego-culper-precision_5447065.jpg

This is a "Block 19" kit that makes your Glock look like it's made of Legos.

Why?

As a gun nut, I agree. This is retarded. Just like the nerf style guns. Things like these only hurt our cause.

To illustrate that comparing them to assault rifles isn't necessarily some stretch of the imagination. They can be configured to basically be semi automatic assault rifles.

Assault rifles are select fire. Full auto. It's not about how it looks, it's the function. Those should be 100% legal as well.

Are regular hand guns assault as well, same thing. One round per trigger pull.

The point is he claimed to be an "expert" yet thinks an AR15 is a "machine gun" that needs to be banned based on how he voted in the poll I linked.

I served in the USAF for 24 years and retired honorably. To remain in the USAF you must be qualified on the standard weapons platform and maintain proficiency. During my time it was the M-16. I qualified "Expert" on it and the M-9 during range training. That means both with accuracy and with maintenance of the weapons.

That being said...

Wow. So now you're just going to outright lie on me huh?

You assumed to know how I thought based on a vote that you didn't like. Do I think that an AR-15 should be in the hands of the populace? No. It should be for law-enforcement and military/guard/law enforcement/and authorized militia. That's my own personal opinion and my opinion and an empty sack is worth the sack.

Tell you what.. SHOW me in that thread where I typed out that an AR is a machine gun and I will self ban from Sherdog.

If you can't, you're a lying sack of crayon chewing filth and you'll be the first jackhole that will ever have the honor of being on my ignore list permanently.

According to Sherdog, I never voted in the poll or even posted in that thread you linked. So what does that make you?

Here's the part where you respond with a gif or meme of some sort because you got nothing.

Last edited:
Assault rifles are select fire. Full auto. It's not about how it looks, it's the function. Those should be 100% legal as well.

Are regular hand guns assault as well, same thing. One round per trigger pull.
Fully automatic is not available to the average owner but aside from that it's the next best thing.

I served in the USAF for 24 years and retired honorably. To remain in the USAF you must be qualified on the standard weapons platform and maintain proficiency. During my time it was the M-16. I qualified "Expert" on it and the M-9 during range training. That means both with accuracy and with maintenance of the weapons.

That being said...

Wow. So now you're just going to outright lie on me huh?

You assumed to know how I thought based on a vote that you didn't like. Do I think that an AR-15 should be in the hands of the populace? No. It should be for law-enforcement and military/guard/law enforcement/and authorized militia. That's my own personal opinion and my opinion and an empty sack is worth the sack.

Tell you what.. SHOW me in that thread where I typed out that an AR is a machine gun and I will self ban from Sherdog.

If you can't, you're a lying sack of crayon chewing filth and you'll be the first jackhole that will ever have the honor of being on my ignore list permanently.

According to Sherdog, I never voted in the poll or even posted in that thread you linked. So what does that make you?

Here's the part where you respond with a gif or meme of some sort because you got nothing.
Untitled.jpg

I knew you'd change your vote after I linked it. ;)

Untitled.jpg

I knew you'd change your vote after I linked it. ;)

I never even voted in it. I never posted in the thread. You've got nothing. You're a sad person who has shown Sherdog the quality of your character and you have been found wanting.

Good bye, and good luck with your life.

I'm praying for you.

Peace.

I never even voted in it. I never posted in the thread. You've got nothing. You're a sad person who has shown Sherdog the quality of your character and you have been found wanting.

I'm praying for you.

Peace.
{<jimmies}

I'm praying for you.

Peace.

He either shooped your name in there, or you removed your vote after he pointed out what you voted for.

What's more likely?

He either shooped your name in there, or you removed your vote after he pointed out what you voted for.

What's more likely?

Well, I didn't vote in it or comment in the thread as I normally do, so...

Well, I didn't vote in it or comment in the thread as I normally do, so...

Yet, he linked a screenshot with your name clearly being in the "yes" category of the votes. You do see your name there, right? Given that someone can change/remove their vote at any time, I'm leaning towards you simply doing that after he called you on it, rather than him going through the process of shooping your name in there

Yet, he linked a screenshot with your name clearly being in the "yes" category of the votes. You do see your name there, right? Given that someone can change/remove their vote at any time, I'm leaning towards you simply doing that after he called you on it, rather than him going through the process of shooping your name in there

Well, I don't even remember being in or voting in that thread so, I'll stand by my statement.

Well, I don't even remember being in or voting in that thread so, I'll stand by my statement.

Your statement is that you didn't vote on it, period. However, your name is clearly there in the "yes" votes in the screenshot he linked. Your only real argument could be that it was faked somehow. If it wasn't faked, then you very clearly voted "Yes" in that poll and then removed your vote sometime after he saved that screenshot.

Your statement is that you didn't vote on it, period. However, your name is clearly there in the "yes" votes in the screenshot he linked. Your only real argument could be that it was faked somehow. If it wasn't faked, then you very clearly voted "Yes" in that poll and then removed your vote sometime after he saved that screenshot.

If that's what you want to believe, that's fine. But I didn't vote in that thread or comment in it. I'll stand by my word.

If you'd like to continue this, please PM me so we won't keep derailing the thread.

One dumbass who decides to do something in bad taste doesn't hurt the entire pro gun movement. This is an absurd assumption.

Back