Some people don't know what robberies are

Bensons career was built off robberies. Went into Bellator thinking he could take on a top WW and got his ass handed to him. Funny how Bellator thought he was going to become two weight class champ and make the UFC miss him but if you look at his fights: 2nd Frankie fight he loses but gets the nod, Diaz was a solid win, loses to Gil but gets the win, smashed by Pettis, loses to Thompson but gets the win, was loosing to Khabilov but impressively rocks and finishes him, I'll gloss over his two straight losses, was losing to Thatch but impressively comes back for the finish, then robs Masvidal before leaving the UFC and being a human punching bag against Kroshkov. I'm not saying Benson was bad by any means but a lot of his perceived greatness was based off BS decision he should have lost.

Stun Gun robbed Matt Brown blind.

Oh you're one of those fight metric people. That explains a lot. I will leave you alone.

I don't need fight metric to see that Condit won that fight. Fight metric just further proves my point.

Stun Gun robbed Matt Brown blind.
Hmm, I remember thinking people were way too upset over that one for no reason whatsoever. I was expecting Stun Gun to lose because he's asian, we all know how judges view that.

Hmm, I remember thinking people were way too upset over that one for no reason whatsoever. I was expecting Stun Gun to lose because he's asian, we all know how judges view that.

He got lit up, taken down, had subs attempted on him and won because of wall'n'stall for aboutb2 minutes of every round... I still remember that fight clearly. Not even sure if I was a sherdogging at that point, but I definitely adopted an air of butthurtedness after that one.

Shogun/Machida was a fucking robbery

Fucking scummy judges

Ruined everything they did

I don't mind people calling fights that they think went the wrong way "robberies". The word refers to the judges "robbing" a fighter of their victory. If you think the losing fighter deserved the victory, then you think the judges robbed him of that.

wide.jpg

I know this doesn't count but I always thought that Matt Hughes' first title win against... Carlos Newton I think... was a robbery. It seemed like matt hughes was unconcious first. But then the ref woke him up to tell him he'd won haha.

It was a long time ago but I remember feeling that way. One soon forgets though when matt hughes proceeds to go on a fuckin epic rampage through the WW division.

Good times

Machida/Shogun. Even one of the judges came out after saying it was a mistake.
This fight is closer than most people remember it IMO.

I didn't watch it til a few years after, and i thought shogun won but I could see the machida arguement.

Sanchez had a few. His straight up robbed Kampmann and Pearson... Or rather, the judges did.

Don't talk about stupid when I have the actual numbers on my side.

Your numbers don't mean shit watch the fight, it was close but Robbie won and THAT isn't even the reason you're being called stupid, stupid.

I know this doesn't count but I always thought that Matt Hughes' first title win against... Carlos Newton I think... was a robbery. It seemed like matt hughes was unconcious first. But then the ref woke him up to tell him he'd won haha.

It was a long time ago but I remember feeling that way. One soon forgets though when matt hughes proceeds to go on a fuckin epic rampage through the WW division.

Good times

Yea but the ref saw Newton out and had no choice but to stop the fight and rule it as he saw it.

Your numbers don't mean shit watch the fight, it was close but Robbie won and THAT isn't even the reason you're being called stupid, stupid.

The numbers never lie and Condit won everywhere. Robbie was gifted the decision because champion and the last round.

Stupid.

:>

The Bisping Hammil fight is one I remember not understanding how the judges decided. It just seemed like Hammil did a little more everywhere but still lost.

The numbers never lie and Condit won everywhere. Robbie was gifted the decision because champion and the last round.

Stupid.

:>

Fuck you're thick in the head.

Yea but the ref saw Newton out and had no choice but to stop the fight and rule it as he saw it.

Nah, I know. I'm not saying the ref cheated. This thread just brought back the memory and I thought I'd mention it. How strong was matt hughes though? : ) Dude was irresistible (no homo)

Good times

When you watch it you can clearly see that Hughes was out, and it was not a slam. But you have to imagine, to the ref it looked as though Hughes slammed him and KO'd him. He's only got that exact moment to make a call, and he can only call it as he sees it.

the concept of "Beating the Champion" is beyond most sherdogers comprehension.

Back