Some of your bold predictions for 2015?

Frankie Edgar wears UFC gold once again.

Frankie Edgar wears UFC gold once again.

So you're really predicting that the top fw's are all going to retire or have serious injuries? :icon_conf

So you're really predicting that the top fw's are all going to retire or have serious injuries? :icon_conf

Kirin! My man. Long time no see. Have a Suzy gif.

tumblr_m8cf6e1Sh21rsskhm.gif

2015 will be known as the year a lot of titles changed hands, more hype trains get derailed, and some surprise and not so surprising retirements.

1) I feel like BW, LW, WW, MW, and HW will see new champions by the end of the year. I have a strong feeling Rory McDonald is getting a belt, as well as Jacare Souza.

2) This will be the year Conor McGregor loses and fits more into his Chael Sonnen role. He won't lose to Siver though. Myles Jury will also lose, not sure if it's this Saturday though.

3) Don't be surprised to see both Cruz and Cain hint at early retirements due to not being able to stay healthy.

Jones beats DC by decision in which he completely dominates the latter half of the fight using his reach/height, and then takes DC down in the 5th and beats him up until the bell.

Rumble shocks Gus with a late KO in a fight Gus was dominating.

Jones submits Rumble in the 2nd round.

Cat rocks Ronda with a knee, hurting her worse than she's ever been hurt, but Ronda survives, recovers and wins by armbar.

After dispatching Diaz, Anderson is matched against a returning Rampage (who reaches a settlement with Bellator that allows him to break his contract). Anderson clowns and KOs Rampage, then announces his retirement. Rampage says "He whooped my ass" in the post-fight interview.

Cain destroys Werdum to solidify himself as undisputed champion. He's then scheduled to fight AA, but gets hurt and has to pull out.

There will be at least one title fight

I see Connor failing too. I think he will get the title shot after Siver and took to bits against aldo. He will go on to face someone like mendes / lentz / edgar near end of year and lose there too.

I think the ufc will sign Joe Duffy, I guess thats not too bold though

Heavyweight- Werdum gives Cain everything he can handle but loses to the baddest man on the planet in Cain at the end of year.Werdum,though, goes on to knock jds s lights out as he exacts revenge and makes it clear that hes #2.
L.heavyweight- Jones retains title vs. Cormier via being fresher in championship rounds and his length appears to be the diff.....Gus gets his 2nd crack at bones but now Jones realizes Gus is the superior boxer and becomes about the gameplan and Bones wins again but a bit easier this time ..

Middleweight- Weidman is just too much for the juiceless vitor.Rockhold and Jacare get their shots.At years end Mousasi and Belfort finally fight.They throw down for 2 of the best rounds ever seen in the octagon before Gegard takes vitor down in the 3rd and just brutalizes the brazillion.This caps off an undefeated 2015 for the Armenian and looks like the fighter everyone expected as he enters 2016.

Welterweight- Robbie Lawler defends his title once before losing it to anyone of 5-6 fighters.

Lightweight- Aldo\Pettis superfight headlines end of year card and fight deliver s big time.Pettis wins which opens the door for the irishman vs winner of Edgar v. Mendes.Mendes starches Frankie and the 145 title fight is set.....

Kirin! My man. Long time no see. Have a Suzy gif.

tumblr_m8cf6e1Sh21rsskhm.gif

tumblr_mnzs7p9Akr1qkegvso1_500.gif

Where you been playboy?

Jones beats DC by decision in which he completely dominates the latter half of the fight using his reach/height, and then takes DC down in the 5th and beats him up until the bell.

Rumble shocks Gus with a late KO in a fight Gus was dominating.

Jones submits Rumble in the 2nd round.

Cat rocks Ronda with a knee, hurting her worse than she's ever been hurt, but Ronda survives, recovers and wins by armbar.

After dispatching Diaz, Anderson is matched against a returning Rampage (who reaches a settlement with Bellator that allows him to break his contract). Anderson clowns and KOs Rampage, then announces his retirement. Rampage says "He whooped my ass" in the post-fight interview.

Cain destroys Werdum to solidify himself as undisputed champion. He's then scheduled to fight AA, but gets hurt and has to pull out.

Hmmm...I guess those could be considered bold, probably more like wishful thinking though.

- Conor KO's Aldo to become FW Champ.
- Bones cleans out the LHW division.
- Rashad drops to MW.
- Anderson fights Weidman for a third time [And loses in a closer battle]
- Micheal Page is signed to the UFC.
- Manuwa works his way into title contention.
- Lesnar returns to the UFC.
- CM Punk wins his first UFC fight by submission.
- GSP returns to the UFC.
- Khabib wins the LW title.
- Machida KO's Rockhold in highlight reel fashion.
- Velasquez will re-appear in the octagon.

2015 will be the year that a "new" super athlete emerges...

a superstar among superstars...he will gain a legacy of unfathomable porportions

Uriah Hall becomes a title contender.

Conor fights at LW after defeating Aldo by KO.

- Conor KO's Aldo to become FW Champ.
- Bones cleans out the LHW division.
- Rashad drops to MW.
- Anderson fights Weidman for a third time [And loses in a closer battle]
- Micheal Page is signed to the UFC.
- Manuwa works his way into title contention.
- Lesnar returns to the UFC.
- CM Punk wins his first UFC fight by submission.
- GSP returns to the UFC.
- Khabib wins the LW title.
- Machida KO's Rockhold in highlight reel fashion.
- Velasquez will re-appear in the octagon.

These. All of these.

Back