Some help on Deadlift lockout assisstance required

BTW, Smashius, did you see the Powerlifting 3 thread I made. Urban put it in the stickies. There's a section in deadlifting devoted to lockout assistance, although most of my knowledge here is purely second hand. I'm not yet able to explain why, exactly, some of the lifts are categorized (although I could make educated guesses).

There is nothing wrong with cleans, just the folks who do them.

It's sort of like how, I don't judge you, but you're going to hell.

Fedorable said:
Remember that Italian guy with the cow? Anyways, going up gradually each week isn't the best way to get stronger. Experiment with other forms of periodization.
What?

Some Italian dude tried to copy Milos of Croton?

my old routine went something like this

monday
squats 5 x 5, 3, 2, 1, 1
rack deadlifts 3, 3, 1, 1, 1
sldl 4 x 8
barbell curls 5 x 5
hammer curls 4 x 8

wednesday
clean and press 5 x 5
incline dumbell press 4 x 8
dips 4 x failure
barbell rows 5 x 5
pullups 4 x failure

friday
deadlift 5 x 5, 3, 1, 1
front squats 4 x 8
good mornings 4 x 8
french press 5 x 5
press downs 4 x 8

i always seemed to have more success doing a squat, deadlift assistance day and deadlift, squat assistance day because i found they tied in well.
adding front squats made my deadlift grow.
also where do you do sambo in the uk?
im in kent and cant find anywhere local?
cheers

niagareven said:
He didnt say there was anything wrong with powercleans. He just said that it's not a good way to improve your deadlift.

A powerclean you just do a clean, but catch the bar high enough that you don't have to squat it up. A clean and jerk is where you do a full clean (catch it lower and squat the weight back up) and then do a jerk to lift it over your head..
Ummm, not exactly. A power clean is just cleaning the weight from the floor to the shoulders.

Clean and Jerk are done by doing the clean as described above, and once the weight is at the shoulders you finish off with the jerk, so at the end the weight is above your head.

Madmick said:
BTW, Smashius, did you see the Powerlifting 3 thread I made. Urban put it in the stickies. There's a section in deadlifting devoted to lockout assistance, although most of my knowledge here is purely second hand. I'm not yet able to explain why, exactly, some of the lifts are categorized (although I could make educated guesses).
Yeah, I contributed to it at the time. AS I pointed out at the beginning I already had some ideas as to what exercises could be used I was also looking for advice on routine structure.

CarnalSalvation said:
Oh don't get pendantic at a time like this.
No, I'm serious, I thought some Italian dude read that and started trying to carry a cow, and got hurt. That was my inference. It sounded hilarious.

What the hell is he talking about?

SmashiusClay said:
Yeah, I contributed to it at the time. AS I pointed out at the beginning I already had some ideas as to what exercises could be used I was also looking for advice on routine structure.
Okay, I didn't remember, Smashius. I figured you had, that's why I didn't mention it at first.

I didn't mean to be condescending.

Madmick said:
Okay, I didn't remember, Smashius. I figured you had, that's why I didn't mention it at first.

I didn't mean to be condescending.
No offence taken, that thread was actually my first stop when I realised I could do with working on my lockout.

CarnalSalvation said:
Oh don't get pendantic at a time like this.
Actually, it's pedantic. But what do I know?

Back