Some gear...

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Reviews' started by ATDI, Apr 5, 2008.

1. ATDI

ATDI White Belt

I've been training mma for a little over a month now, and i figured everyone would love to hear my opinion of the gear i've picked up, because my opinion is the greatest thing since sex. Anyways on with the review:
    Century 12 oz gloves

[​IMG]

My dad (thanks dad!) bought these pieces of douche for me at sports authority. I like to affectionately call these "shit mitts." Oh wait, just kidding. They're actually fairly comfortable and have held up well (thats not saying much because i punch like a frail transexual), save for a few loose seams. If you have large hands, do not get these, as my hands are pretty small and it's a very snug fit. 7/10
    CSI Amateur MMA Gloves
    [​IMG]

MONEY. That was the first thing that came to mind when i pulled these out of their packaging. The smell of leather wafted into my nostrils. I was thrilled.

Until i put them on. They're size regular (the smallest sized offered at mmamuscle.com) and they feel pretty big on my woman hands (thanks mom!). However, with the wrist strap yanked on pretty tight, they work just fine. Construction is excellent. 9/10
    CSI Ankle Guards
    [​IMG]
    I had some ankle rolling issues when i first started sanshou, so i figured id get a pair of ankle guards. They're a snug fit, and i'm sure i would look awesome kicking someone in the face with them. Construction is solid. And blue is my favorite color. 10/10
    Sprawl V-Flex Shorts
    [​IMG]

I picked these up for $35 at mmawarehouse.com, and I couldn't be happier with them. They fit great, they're comfortable, and i look awesome when i tap in them.

As for dealers: i ordered the ankle guards and shorts from mmawarehouse.com. Fast shipping, great prices, and customer service was excellent. 10/10

I ordered the CSI mma gloves from mmamuscle.com. Shipping was pretty quick, customer service actually was pretty good-they got back to me in 1 day regarding a question about the gloves. I've heard a lot of bad stuff about mmamuscle, so maybe i got lucky. Even if, i'll still give em a 9/10.

2. SSF

SSF SSFgear.com

3. SSF

SSF SSFgear.com

4. blink_man182

blink_man182 Black Belt

Nice gear, I think im getting the same pair of shorts too, their hot

5. stu3ufc**

stu3ufc** Yoshihiro Akiyama

nice --good luck with your training

6. Eric Lau

Eric Lau Amateur Fighter

good review and i totally agree with the sprawls

7. 888Shogun888

888Shogun888 Blue Belt

lol great review. Love the humor. Think I might get the shorts as well.

8. Michael Davis

Michael Davis Silver Belt Professional Fighter

nice review, i like my csi gloves also but try out some Fairtex lol i love em