Some fights that never happened

I would have liked to have seen Mosley vs TRinidad. But their weights and hype trains never really aligned.

Hopkins vs. Toney would have certainly been interesting... Spoiler vs. Slickster.

I want to say Toney wins, because he was simply a better boxer, but I just don't feel safe betting on Cheeseburger James.

Are we talking Margarito with plaster mitts or standard?

It was never really possible considering Duran's jump in weight around 1980 and Pryor's lack of a name until the Arguello fights, but The Hawk vs. Hands of Stone would have been amazing.
i stand by 21 year old me

Valero vs Broner

Actually Valero vs everyone he could've faced

Some British ones that I'd like to have seen:

Naseem Hamed vs. Pacquiao - timeline is a little off but if Prince hadn't have retired after Calvo 2002 he could have been around for Manny's FW debut in late 2003. He'd have got decimated but it would be fun to have watched.
Chris Eubank vs RJJ - Would have been fun to see if RJJ could have KO'd the unKO'able Eubank. He'd have boxed him up for sure but Eubank would always have a punchers chance.
Carl Froch vs. Calzaghe - they were around at the wrong times, Calzaghe was ending his career and Froch was peaking.
Ricky Hatton vs. Junior Witter - I think Ricky would have taken this but he never wanted to give Witter the fight.
Amir Khan vs. Kell Brook - Khan just will not give Brook his shot. I think Khan will retire w/o ever fighting Brook.

Some British ones that I'd like to have seen:

Naseem Hamed vs. Pacquiao - timeline is a little off but if Prince hadn't have retired after Calvo 2002 he could have been around for Manny's FW debut in late 2003. He'd have got decimated but it would be fun to have watched.
Chris Eubank vs RJJ - Would have been fun to see if RJJ could have KO'd the unKO'able Eubank. He'd have boxed him up for sure but Eubank would always have a punchers chance.
Carl Froch vs. Calzaghe - they were around at the wrong times, Calzaghe was ending his career and Froch was peaking.
Ricky Hatton vs. Junior Witter - I think Ricky would have taken this but he never wanted to give Witter the fight.
Amir Khan vs. Kell Brook - Khan just will not give Brook his shot. I think Khan will retire w/o ever fighting Brook.

I always thought Calzaghe and Hatton didn't go for those match ups cos the challengers were more annoying than not being good for their careers.

Agreed about Eubank Rjj, though I think Eubank had the skills to match Rjj but not the ruthlessness at that point.

It's a pity any combo of Eubank/Benn vs Rjj/Toney didn't happen. They would have been huge and entertaining fights.

from my local and casual boxing POV beeing from Germany:

arthur abrahm - kelly pavlik 2007
Michalschewski - Roy Jones Junior 1997

arthur would have had a chance of a headshot but thats it.
Roy would have destroyed Daiusz but still back then I really wanted to see that fight.

I always thought Calzaghe and Hatton didn't go for those match ups cos the challengers were more annoying than not being good for their careers.

Agreed about Eubank Rjj, though I think Eubank had the skills to match Rjj but not the ruthlessness at that point.

It's a pity any combo of Eubank/Benn vs Rjj/Toney didn't happen. They would have been huge and entertaining fights.
Yeah both Froch and Witter got under Calzaghe and Hatton's skin. I think both could ignore them too and it would not affect their legacies.

You are right about Eubank, he was never the killer he was before the 2nd Watson fight.

Yeah the Brit SMW's vs the American SMH's in the 90's is something I'd have like to have seen.

Frazier vs. Norton
Marciano vs. Patterson
Bowe vs. Tyson
Comeback Foreman vs. Comeback Tyson

Yeah both Froch and Witter got under Calzaghe and Hatton's skin. I think both could ignore them too and it would not affect their legacies.

You are right about Eubank, he was never the killer he was before the 2nd Watson fight.

Yeah the Brit SMW's vs the American SMH's in the 90's is something I'd have like to have seen.

It would have been nice to see back in the day, but looking back, i think Eubank could have given Toney a run....but neither of them would have got close to Jones.

Benn would have been counter punched to oblivion by Toney, Benn was just too open and gung-ho for someone like Toney(in shape)

A lot of people like to talk Steve Collins, but i think he was just a guy who got real lucky being matched against 2 fighters who were nearing the end, i remember watching the likes of Malinga beat Benn, and Close lost against Eubank.....and they were pretty much done then

Tyson vs Sapp ;-)

alot of heavyweight matchups from the late 80's early 90's involving Moorer, Ruddock, Douglas, Tyson, Bowe, Holyfield, Foreman, Biggs,Holmes, Spinks so fucking many it makes my brain hurt from thinking about it

I think Winky Wright would have beaten Oscar De La Hoya had they fought in the timeframe of 2004-2006.

Last edited:
alot of heavyweight matchups from the late 80's early 90's involving Moorer, Ruddock, Douglas, Tyson, Bowe, Holyfield, Foreman, Biggs,Holmes, Spinks so fucking many it makes my brain hurt from thinking about it

Biggs???

Really?

He lost to 2 euro level fighters after Tyson, and didnt do anything his entire career...surprised at that inclusion. Now replace him with Tony Tucker...and then we have some quality match-ups....people avoided Tucker like the plague

Back