Some Crazy Amazon And Jeff Bezos Facts About His Wealth

I'm meaning more massive wealth accumulation. The top .1% with 60% of the wealth or whatever the stat is today is not good for the economy.

We got rid of royalty and the church controlling the game for a reason.
This isn't what happened in history at all. Why are you making this argument? I'm getting the sense that you're seeing Bezos and saying, "He has a lot, and he should be compelled to share that wealth with the rest of us," working backwards from that.

I know- my point is that cap gains and inheritance tax will affect him.

I have no idea if Amazon pays dividends but I have to also asume his cash flow is legit .
Amazon does not pay a dividend. The financial history of that company is interesting, as they have spent years not being profitable while their valuation has continued to rise. The way that business pumps investment capital into expanding the business without turning a profit is actually kind of amazing.

Capital gains will affect him if he cashes out his stock. Inheritance tax will affect him when his parents die and then when he dies, presumably later.

What to do with 28 mil a day...
My post above shows you how extremely insane that money is by buying a 20,000,000 dollar New York Apartment and a 6 million dolllar Yacht everyday and donating 2 million to charity. This is everyday of his life based on the report.

I dont understand why other retailers cannot cut in on Amazon's market share. Walmart, Target, Chain pharmacies, B&N all can do online orders.

And what is even stranger is, we used to have something called mail order catalogs. That is pretty much equivalent to online retailer except you dont use paper. Yet despite mail order catalogs, brick and mortar stores still became a thing. And now the opposite is happening.

Jeff needs to spend 28 million a day just so he does not get any wealthier.
Theory is that would get old...
61G5cG7mS4L._SY445_.jpg

I dont understand why other retailers cannot cut in on Amazon's market share. Walmart, Target, Chain pharmacies, B&N all can do online orders.

And what is even stranger is, we used to have something called mail order catalogs. That is pretty much equivalent to online retailer except you dont use paper. Yet despite mail order catalogs, brick and mortar stores still became a thing. And now the opposite is happening.

People don't like looking around and it's becoming harder to get cheaper then Amazon because they have companies by the you know what.

I would go full Joker from Dark Knight and just randomly give 4 people 7 million dollars every day and watch the chaos that 120 new millionaires a month would cause.

People don't like looking around and it's becoming harder to get cheaper then Amazon because they have companies by the you know what.
Amazon is absolutely positioning itself as a monopoly. That's something that folks are going to want to keep a good eye on. The problem with the political situation here is that Bezos is friendly with the Democrats, and they likely won't go after him. The GOP won't go after him because they're just not interested in doing so, especially when taking on Amazon is going to be so difficult. Bezos has an additional benefit of being able to play one side off the other, giving himself a huge amount of leverage. Sherman Antitrust Act ain't got shit on Bezos, I guess.

I know- my point is that cap gains and inheritance tax will affect him.

I have no idea if Amazon pays dividends but I have to also asume his cash flow is legit .

Capital gains is not much really and he only pays that if he cashes stock out which he probably doesn't do that often.

I'm not sure what inheritance has to do with anything.

I've noticed Amazon Prime starting to skimp and scam. The "2-day" shipping was a great value up till recently. Now I noticed they've increased their receiving to shipping handling time to the nearest half day, thus putting when you expect to receive a day later. This still technically "2-day", but when I used to order say Monday in the AM, date of receive used to say "Receive on Wednesday" as Amazon would process and ship my order within an hour of payment. Now it won't process ship to Monday evening, pushing the received date till Thursday. Hell, my latest purchase is a day late and I'm receiving an order today for an item I purchased Monday morning. $119 annually for Prime shipping that I could received outside of Prime benefits? No thanks.

This isn't what happened in history at all. Why are you making this argument? I'm getting the sense that you're seeing Bezos and saying, "He has a lot, and he should be compelled to share that wealth with the rest of us," working backwards from that.

Amazon does not pay a dividend. The financial history of that company is interesting, as they have spent years not being profitable while their valuation has continued to rise. The way that business pumps investment capital into expanding the business without turning a profit is actually kind of amazing.

Capital gains will affect him if he cashes out his stock. Inheritance tax will affect him when his parents die and then when he dies, presumably later.

Na bro, good for him. Risk takers need to make money.

It is what happened in history. You know the real reason why priests cannot marry? Has nothing to do with god. Its b/c the church did not position of power to become a birthright, to control the flow of power/wealth through generations.

People pushed back against royalty b/c of its control of wealth.

Capital gains is not much really and he only pays that if he cashes stock out which he probably doesn't do that often.

I'm not sure what inheritance has to do with anything.

I understand there is ah inheritance tax in the US; for example, I recall an article about the Buffalo Bills, that the only reason it was sold was b/c when the old man died, his kids could not afford the inheritance tax.

Nah, Amazon started selling books online. B&N started doing the same thing. Then more and more retailers had the online option too. I have only ever bought two things from Amazon. Everything else, I want right away, and will go to store. I feel more proactive that way.

It is what happened in history. You know the real reason why priests cannot marry? Has nothing to do with god. Its b/c the church did not position of power to become a birthright, to control the flow of power/wealth through generations.

a lot of Royalty still managed to maintain their wealth though. If you look at Latin Murka, many of the wealthy landowners are descended from Conquistadors who basically carved out fiefdoms for themselves and essentially became new world lords. In Europe, there are still a handful of wealthy people that are actually descendents of noble bloodlines.

I think what really did in the nobility most is war. For honor, and tradition, most of the males in the line were expected to be military men. WW1 for example did a wouzy to many noble families.

Sound like alot of privilege to have these opportunities to start with.

Priests can't marry due to traditions in the Church that stem from theological reasons. A man cannot serve equally the Church and his wife; a man and wife must be able to confide all things in one another as they become one flesh and one spirit in the eyes of God, and thus a Priest hearing confession must hold those confessions as secret. It's been this way since 300 AD.

The rise of mercantilism wasn't a rebellion, but more of a business need. It wasn't pushing back as it was seeing a business need because Lords couldn't manage everything on their own anymore, creating a middle class.

Sound like alot of privilege to have these opportunities to start with.

My parents had to opportunity to gift me some serious startup money for whatever my sick twisted mind can conjure, but they didnt. I have to wait for them to die, or kill them myself

<Baelish01> <Baelish01> <Baelish01>

<{1-16}> <{1-16}> <{1-16}>

a lot of Royalty still managed to maintain their wealth though. If you look at Latin Murka, many of the wealthy landowners are descended from Conquistadors who basically carved out fiefdoms for themselves and essentially became new world lords. In Europe, there are still a handful of wealthy people that are actually descendents of noble bloodlines.

I think what really did in the nobility most is war. For honor, and tradition, most of the males in the line were expected to be military men. WW1 for example did a wouzy to many noble families.

Great point re: loyalty falling via wars.

The british took their power but left their wealth.

Teh russian did it the right way- one clean cut! Too bad that backward country never recovered from WW1, civil war, ww2 and so on.

Back