Some cool Karo Parisyan GIFs if anyone wants some...

Drew Foster

Silver Belt
Reaction score
14wcvl.gif

parisyanlytleharaiir4.gif

diego-sanchez_karo-parisyan_b.gif

thparisyan-serra.gif

Get the one he did on diego sanchez, that's definitely the sweetest throw i ever saw in MMA

I got 4. 1st three all Harai Goshis. I can't tell what he did to Matt Serra in the 4th GIF. Taotoshi maybe? I'll look for more GIFS...

Karo said that the Harai in Round 1 on Diego was timed "too well". He said he put a lot of force into it because he thought Diego was slid on both feet but started to shift his weight right when he went for the throw, and that Diego's went vertical so quick Karo fell too and was confused on the ground and it took him a second to get his bearings. He said his corner was yelling, "What are you doing? Mount him!!!" That's when he snapped bac ino it. He also told me it was his favorie throw he's ever done in MMA (even though he fell) just becaus of the pure force and velocity of it.

I said the Harai in round 1 because actually had another 1 or even 2 in round three but he was very tired and it looked sloppy. He also had an Uchimata that Diego did a nice faceplant/headspike on. Plus he got 2 double legs slams. I say he won round 1 and 2. He should've won the fight. Diego definately got round 3, and 2 could go either way. I wish refs counted takedowns especially throws as being a display of "Octagon Control." If anything that fight should've been a draw. Diego did not domnate Karo lk he says he did ad I would love to see a rematch.

Actually my favorite throw from that fight was the MEAN Ouchi-Gari in Round 1 before the brutal famous Harai.

I wish the finish on the sanchez one was cleaner. I was rooting for karo big time, sad he lost.

I wish the finish on the sanchez one was cleaner. I was rooting for karo big time, sad he lost.

^^^

Read my above edited post as to why the finish wasn't cleaner. He personally spoke on this on judopodcast.com and I believe he may address it in his new book

new book

For old school do heads even the illegal KUBI NAGE made its way intio the book. Expect this book to start a new wave of MMA guys emplimenting (sp?) Judo.

OLD MMA match

YouTube - Karo Parisyan MMA

Video Karo Parisyan vs Shonie Carter PART 1/2 - Karo, Parisyan, MMA, MIXED, FIGHTING - Dailymotion Share Your Videos

Video Karo Parisyan vs Shonie Carter PART 2/2 - Karo, Parisyan, MMA, MIXED, FIGHTING - Dailymotion Share Your Videos

AWESOME fight. Ifyou are an MMA fan you have to see this one. Hard to find, some people didn't even know they fought. TONS of throws, osotos, Kiumra throws, sub attempts, etc. 2 Judo aces going back and forth.

yeah, it sorta looks like maybe sanchez went with the momentum of the throw at the last second instead of resisting it. I wonder if he did it on purpose.

anyways, yeah I thought karo won. i'd be very interested in a rematch. i wish we could throw nick diaz in the mix as well. the 3 of them make for some really good fights together. heck maybe nate can put some weight on.

yeah, it sorta looks like maybe sanchez went with the momentum of the throw at the last second instead of resisting it. I wonder if he did it on purpose.

anyways, yeah I thought karo won. i'd be very interested in a rematch. i wish we could throw nick diaz in the mix as well. the 3 of them make for some really good fights together. heck maybe nate can put some weight on.

Possibly, but straight from the horse's mouth Karo intended to throw a solidly balanced 170 pound Diego and then Diego slightly shifted during Karo's entry (by accident, def. not on purpose) and Karo WAY overthrew. It happens a lot in MMA and in Judo.

I doubt Sanchez did it on purpose, because he still landed on his head, and I even heard that after the fight Diego said that was the hardest he's ever been thrown. And tha he apologized for sayin that Kar wouldn't throw him with any of that "Judo crap"

I saw heard because THAT comment I cannot verify as of right now... I will try to tommorow though.

ah yes I remember now the shenanigans.

lol he ate his words even though he won.

karos a bad man, hell be remembered as one of the guys to work the throws in the beggining of out sport

Those are spectacular. I love the no gi Judo stuff.

The Diego throw is fricking awesome! Off the top of my head I would say that is the coolest throw I've ever seen in MMA.

Back