Some bag work

Kanka

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
What's up guys. I havent been training muay thai for 9 months because of an injury in my foot and calf that doesn't heal well.

Today i put on some gloves and hit the bag a bit in the backyard for the first time in a long time, it was fun! My kicks are usually much better though, right now my right calf is really weak and my hips are stiff. Hopefully i can start training at a gym again at the end of next month! ;)

I tried to do a superman elbow at the end lol

Last edited:
Can tell you are stiff and it has been a bit. Overall the technique looks like it is good and still there though. Just gotta knock the rust off. Good luck dude, hope we hear more from you in the future.

Looking really good, imo. Except maybe the kicks, like you said.

You actually look pretty good! Not bad for 9 months off at all.

A little lazy with recovering your stance, but otherwise good. Are you going to start training again?

I would recommend to get a heavier bag since light bag sucks. swinging around way too much, good for timing and shit but doesnt help in improving power

Can tell you are stiff and it has been a bit. Overall the technique looks like it is good and still there though. Just gotta knock the rust off. Good luck dude, hope we hear more from you in the future.
Thanks!
Looking really good, imo. Except maybe the kicks, like you said.
Yeah i think when i get back hip flexibility my kicks will improve. But event then i will take it easy with kicks. Actually my best weapon used to be my left kick.
You actually look pretty good! Not bad for 9 months off at all.

A little lazy with recovering your stance, but otherwise good. Are you going to start training again?
Thanks. I'm still recovering but hopefully i can get back to training in september
I would recommend to get a heavier bag since light bag sucks. swinging around way too much, good for timing and shit but doesnt help in improving power
Well this is what i have right now. It sucks that it swings away but i don't worry much about power. I believe correct technique is more important and will generate enough power.

Don't take this the wrong way but I remember you being much better from your previous vids but it's to be expected...9 months is a long time.

Injuries are a bitch...I've been out from consistent training for almost twice as long now. Been trying to work back from a nagging shoulder injury and tweaked my right knee back in April or so. Been slowly working my way back and finally got my switch kick back in action a couple weeks ago and felt great.

Literally felt my knee lockup again about an hour ago just walking down some stairs, though not as bad as before...pretty bummed about that. Setbacks are not fun mentally and I'm hoping this isn't serious.

Take it slow and don't rush back into things. On the plus side, you're about half my age so you should heal quicker.

Have you been doing rehab exercises and whatnot? Did you have to have any kind of surgery?

Don't take this the wrong way but I remember you being much better from your previous vids but it's to be expected...9 months is a long time.

Injuries are a bitch...I've been out from consistent training for almost twice as long now. Been trying to work back from a nagging shoulder injury and tweaked my right knee back in April or so. Been slowly working my way back and finally got my switch kick back in action a couple weeks ago and felt great.

Literally felt my knee lockup again about an hour ago just walking down some stairs, though not as bad as before...pretty bummed about that. Setbacks are not fun mentally and I'm hoping this isn't serious.

Take it slow and don't rush back into things. On the plus side, you're about half my age so you should heal quicker.

Have you been doing rehab exercises and whatnot? Did you have to have any kind of surgery?
Yes, i remember when i was much better aswell haha. I basically have foot tendonitis and a pulled calf that doesn't heal well. It heals a bit, but eventually i strain it again. I've tried resting, ice, getting a massage, stretching etc but it didn't work. Doc gave me some pills though and i'm going to a physiotherapist next week.

Bad to hear of your injury. Hope you get well soon!

good stuff man, hope you get back on track. the muscle memory is still there

Back