Solve this argument

THE Red Beard

FCF Enforcer
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The wife and I were finishing dinner...relax I'm not posting pics of her here...and we were about to put the leftovers away. I told her to "frigerate" them and she corrected me and said it was "refrigerate." Now, here is my point and and mind you, I'm a trendsetter; re as a prefix implies doing something again. I had never had the food that I cooked in the fridge so it was only frigerated. She said I was retarded and then I ate three Reece's eggs out of frustration and also hunger.

What say you guys, is it frigerate or refrigerate? Oh no this seems like a @Clippy thread so I should get well soon.

The wife and I were finishing dinner...relax I'm not posting pics of her here

giphy.gif

You're both right

Marriage saved

In this case, the prefix re does not mean to do again, as in the word reload for example.

I member having that conversation with my ex wife, but there's nothing much to port.

No offence but your wife sounds like she has a bit of a lip on her, you need to shut that shit down and show her who’s in charge.

The wife and I were finishing dinner...relax I'm not posting pics of her here...and we were about to put the leftovers away. I told her to "frigerate" them and she corrected me and said it was "refrigerate." Now, here is my point and and mind you, I'm a trendsetter; re as a prefix implies doing something again. I had never had the food that I cooked in the fridge so it was only frigerated. She said I was retarded and then I ate three Reece's eggs out of frustration and also hunger.

What say you guys, is it frigerate or refrigerate? Oh no this seems like a @Clippy thread so I should get well soon.

I think you are an f-level Clippy imposter

Be a kind sir and fuck off

No photos of the wife?

images

Merriam Webster and Oxford English both do not contain the word "frigerate".

Seeing as it's called a refrigerator, it seems like the action is to refrigerate. That is definitely in both dictionaries.

Back