Solution to fence grabbing and eye pokes?

ha ha yes. I actually got this idea from a pair of leather mittens I have. I cut the part that seperates the fingers on a pair of MMA gloves then put the leather mittens on then the MMA glove over it and it worked. lol Camera is broke ATM so I whipped up a picture in photoshop.

You dont need the fingers to be seperate to hold the wrist man. At least when I hold the wrist I'm either using C grip or monkey grip where my fingers are close together. How does this idea make it harder?

Please explain how spreading your fingers is neccessary for submissions.

Show me some image examples of submissions that are applied with the fingers spread. Monkey grip, c clamp, s grip and gable grip are not done with spread fingers.

This could be a good medium but 2 fingers together is pretty much still like one finger. Its still the right size to poke the eye and ppl can still grab the fence.

Maybe you didnt read my post correctly. I said I tried already so I dont think I KNOW. It seems you're assuming the mitten part would be tight and snug. Like I said the mittens I'm testing this with are very thin so it doesnt hinder the opening and closing of the fingers like you think. There is also room within the mitten so its not a sung fit on my fingers and I can still spread them.

Gotcha. Spreading fingers is not important..... until it is.

mmagloves_zps14b0fd90.gif

Basically its just a thin piece of leather that covers the fingers with no extra padding inside like boxing gloves. Kinda like heavybag gloves. The only way ppl can grab the fenced with these on is over the top bar. If that happens I think there should be 2 ways to handle it.

1. If they are holding the top in advance then they should be warned. Multiple warnings = point deduction.

2. If they immediately hold the top and stop a takedown the ref should stop the fight and reposition them on the mat giving the guy going for the takedown top positon (full guard). No point deduction needed here as the attacker gets points for the takedown anyway.

Thoughts?

EDIT: For those who keep talking about how grapplers wont like it. The mitten part isnt smashing the fingers together tightly. Like I said its kinda like heavybag gloves. Your fingers can still move around within the mitten part so you can still spread your fingers for a wider grip.

You realize even boxers still get eyepoked with their monstrous gloves, right?

You realize even boxers still get eyepoked with their monstrous gloves, right?

You missed the part about electrified eyes and glasses(not electrified of course) didn't you? If you can't keep up with the TS's breakthrough idea don't feel too bad, he's a wizard.

mmagloves_zps14b0fd90.gif

Basically its just a thin piece of leather that covers the fingers with no extra padding inside like boxing gloves. Kinda like heavybag gloves. The only way ppl can grab the fenced with these on is over the top bar. If that happens I think there should be 2 ways to handle it.

1. If they are holding the top in advance then they should be warned. Multiple warnings = point deduction.

2. If they immediately hold the top and stop a takedown the ref should stop the fight and reposition them on the mat giving the guy going for the takedown top positon (full guard). No point deduction needed here as the attacker gets points for the takedown anyway.

Thoughts?

EDIT: For those who keep talking about how grapplers wont like it. The mitten part isnt smashing the fingers together tightly. Like I said its kinda like heavybag gloves. Your fingers can still move around within the mitten part so you can still spread your fingers for a wider grip.

no. just no. the mittens are ridiculous. how are you meant to peel fingers off when you have mittens? its just crazy. not only that but you cant stop people grabbing the fence. when you're going down it is a natural reaction to grab out and prevent your fall. you want to stop nature? ts u r teh noob

Don't penalize the rule-abiding good fighters by taking away their finger mobility. Protect fighters instead with transparent eye jocks.

Back