1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Solo Grappling Dills/ Workouts

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by 6283, Sep 11, 2010.

1. 6283

6283 White Belt

Hey guys, I am still fairly new to jiu jitsu but a lot of time I am too busy to go into my gym and train with my partners. I wanted to know what are some drills I can do at home to better my grappling ability with either just my body weight or with some dumbbells. I was also thinking about getting a kettlebell soon. I have heard there are a bunch of exercises I could do with a kettlebell (example: shrimping with a ketttlebell).
    I just wanted to know a few that would help me with some of the basic movements. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much guys and keep training hard!

2. paolo27th

paolo27th Black Belt

Can`t think of a drill that will help your grappling that doesn`t require a partner. My suggestion is spend your free time doing conventional S&C.

3. Joshu

Joshu Blue Belt

A new book by world champion Andre Galvao just came out called "Drill to Win". It's awesome, and has a truckload of solo drills in it (all of them helpful to your game, despite the previous post). & you can make a great strength and conditioning workout from them as well.

Otherwise, you can just mess around with shrimping in every direction, bridges, and running through the motions of techniques you learn in class to help with your muscle memory.

Have fun.

4. paolo27th

paolo27th Black Belt

That was my opinion. If it works for you then great!

5. KILL KILL

KILL KILL Gold Belt

I have it. Great book.

6. Urban

Urban Savage Mystic

Shoulder a sandbag, lay down on your back, stand up keeping the sandbag on your shoulder, drop sandbag on the ground, shoulder to other side and repeat.

7. wildman1717

wildman1717 Green Belt

I agree, good info. inside of it.