Solo BJJ training

get a stability ball and balance on your knees. There are also a lot of core exercises you can do on them. Other than that, don't neglect wrist/grip strength and neck work outs, and if you have room I'd recommend breakfall/shrimping drills

It looks ridiculous and I don't see the benefit of it over training regularly.

Rickson does, and has been doing it for a couple of decades.

Other good drills are shrimping, and any kind of body weight exercises.

You can see Andree Galvao doing the gymnastica stuff on arte suave doco.

IF it works for him, it migth work for me.

It seems you are lacking interval training, run all out for 5 mins (or whatever time a match lasts) rest for 5 and run again, give it all out you are supposed to be near puking at the end.

Do 5 sets 3 times a week.

damn howd that guy make that grappling doll??

id def do it!

i wish i had to drill all day whats learned in class

damn howd that guy make that grappling doll??

id def do it!

i wish i had to drill all day whats learned in class

He said he used some type of wire, old clothes and duct tape

Running is very good idea, because I underestimated my aerobic training so far, I'll do that and I'm really into that dummy :D

I suppose, you make legs and arms by rolling some clothes, making two parts of it, but the wire going through the "arms" and "legs", then ducttape it all parts, than you set it all up in one big body..I assume

If you have 500 dollars to contribute, and you truly dont get enough time in the gym with a partner, you can try the submission master grappling dummy. Its the best training dummy I've seen/used. Local heavyweight fighter who trains BJJ with me bought one and he loves it.

For that 500 dollars I could train with some top instructors, I'm interested in making the dummy pal :)

damn as sad as it sounds...i dont think im handy enough for that...

You'll never know, give it a try, you even don't need so much funds at start, you can find half of the stuff in your house :D

I dont really get the breakfalls, I dont see what i train by doing that , i mean if its just to break your fall i dont feel like i'm improving in that way, since when we do it in training i do the same thing every time and nothing changes.
Maybe someone can explain me?

well yeah if you do the wrong techjnique every time youre not going to do the right one...

i know a aikido black belt who also is a weekend cyclist who got hit by a car and escaped injury free because of break falls.. he did crack his helmet however..

Judo Falling Techniques -- Ukemi

We never got instructions on it :s
tx for the link , ill put some mat time on it.

Back