Solid players from the NBA nobody remembers

As a Nets fan the cruelest thing was when Petrovic died. Finally had our guy and then he gets killed.

He was a beautiful player. Not complete by any stretch, but a dude who was on his way to being a 50/40/90/ guy before it was even a thing. Those Petro/Kenny Anderson/DC Nets teams in the early 90s were a thing of beauty. They were the Sac kings 10 years before their time. Beautiful basketball. Whether they would have won a chip is besides the point. It's a tragedy that Drazen died, and that Basketball was robbed of what would have been the most beautiful brand of Bball to come for 10 years.

Always thought Doug Christie was severely underrated. One of the better perimeter defenders in the NBA and could run the offense from the 2 guard spot.

Doug-Christie-660x400-360x220.jpg

Also had a solid uppercut.

solidreliablebeagle-max-1mb.gif

He was a beautiful player. Not complete by any stretch, but a dude who was on his way to being a 50/40/90/ guy before it was even a thing. Those Petro/Kenny Anderson/DC Nets teams in the early 90s were a thing of beauty. They were the Sac kings 10 years before their time. Beautiful basketball. Whether they would have won a chip is besides the point. It's a tragedy that Drazen died, and that Basketball was robbed of what would have been the most beautiful brand of Bball to come for 10 years.

Agreed.

the Jason Kidd era was pretty sweet. Took the bus from Penn station to the meadowlands several times to watch those teams while living in NYC.

Doncic is obsessed with him and already at age 20 is a better player.

Petrovic had balls of steel and was incredibly competitive. Doncic has a lot to live up to in those metrics.

Anyone remember the Petrovic - Jordan battles? They were pretty good. This was a time when euro players weren't taken seriously.

I always thought John Starks was solid and in this playoffs series with the Bulls

Kevin Johnson too

90s little guys XD

That was a fucking amazing time to be an NBA fan and I miss it like crazy.

Even with defenses keeping scores down to 60 or below on the regular, the games were played with such unbelievable ferocity.

Earning a shot in or around the paint in the East had to be paid with blood. Lol

Last edited:
Sidney Moncrief
Bernard King
Andrew Toney
Michael Ray Richardson
Alvin Robertson
Kiki Vanderweghe

Last edited:
Petrovic had balls of steel and was incredibly competitive. Doncic has a lot to live up to in those metrics.

Anyone remember the Petrovic - Jordan battles? They were pretty good. This was a time when euro players weren't taken seriously.
Looking up their head to head stats. I'd say you misremembered. Petrovic won a single game against Jordan averaging 16/2/4 while Jordan went 10 and 1 averaging 31/6/6

Looking up their head to head stats. I'd say you misremembered. Petrovic won a single game against Jordan averaging 16/2/4 while Jordan went 10 and 1 averaging 31/6/6

Not really. I'm thinking more about when Petrovic hit his grove in 1992 and 1993.

Mad Max was teh other guy that I loved to watch go up against Jordan.

Frank Brickowski mostly because his name was perfect for basketball. Played like 15 years
Terry Cummings was really good in the 80's.
Sarunas Marciulionis - was pretty solid, not Petrovic level European good but solid nonethless.
Kendall Gill always played solid vs. Jordan.
Marques Johnson - good scorer and kind of a point forward decades before they came to be really utilized.
Mark Aguirre - sacrificed his game to help the Pistons win their back to back titles after being traded for Dantley.
Fat Lever a triple double threat. A better scoring Rondo in his time.

Frank Brickowski mostly because his name was perfect for basketball. Played like 15 years
Terry Cummings was really good in the 80's.
Sarunas Marciulionis - was pretty solid, not Petrovic level European good but solid nonethless.
Kendall Gill always played solid vs. Jordan.
Marques Johnson - good scorer and kind of a point forward decades before they came to be really utilized.
Mark Aguirre - sacrificed his game to help the Pistons win their back to back titles after being traded for Dantley.
Fat Lever a triple double threat. A better scoring Rondo in his time.

Fat Lever? Lol

Wow I don’t remember that guy at all and he was a two time all star.

That shit fell completely under my radar. I mostly followed the Eastern Conference though.

A lot of these players a lot of people remember

I like Chuck Person for his punting ability alone

Jack Sikma
Dave Corzine

Adrian Dantley
Bernard King
Vin Baker
Michael Redd
Glen Rice
Calvin Murphy
Glenn Robinson
Purvis Short
Sarunas Marciulionis
Terry Porter
Greg Anthony
Shareef Abdur Rahim

3 that I recall that played in cities I lived are:

Kelly Tripucka
Armen Gilliam
Purvis Short

Just realized most of the people on my list had already been mentioned. I'll add another who also happens to own the best name of all time in the NBA.

World B. Free

Back