Solid players from the NBA nobody remembers

Also, Big Smooth

s435214573511300858_p4771_i1_w1189.jpeg

Did you know Sleepy Sam never stood for the national anthem because of his Jehovah’s Witness faith?

Talk about a supersonic trailblazer.

Michael redd has been named twice in this thread wtf. Spent 6 seasons averaging over 20ppg on good efficiency, with above average defense. He ended his 12 year career averaging 19ppg, was an Olympian, NBA All Star, and made an All NBA team. Certainly not a "solid player nobody remembers"

Chris Morris and Dennis Hopson say, back up mutha' fucka.

Thought Hopson was gonna be great.... instead Olden Polynice, Ken Norman... and more importantly... big white stiff Chris Dudley lasted longer in the league than Hop-City. Damn.

Roy Tarpley
Literally had him in my reply. Drugs got him.. but he was good.

Wayman Tisdale (RIP)
Tom Chambers
Dee Brown
Sherman Douglas
Kevin Duckworth (RIP)
Vern Fleming

Guys I thought would be good:

Stanley Roberts
Alvaro Tehran (RIP)
Lamont Strothers (christopher newport in da house)
Terence Stansbury
Jerome Lane (PITT)
Mike Iuzzolino
Eddie Lee Wilkins (Gardner-Webb baby)
Anthony Avent (Seton Hall... thought hed be a HOF)

STIFFS:
Joe Kleine
Danny Schayes
Jim McIlvine
Cherokee Parks
Jack Haley
Adam Keefe (not stiff... but white)
Travis Knight
Scot Pollard
Tim McCormick

Man... I used to think "older was better"
But knowing that Big white stiffs slogged on the league for 10+ years... makes me think I was just drunk on nostalgia.

Greg Kite
Chris Dudley
Greg Ostertag
Greg Foster
Chuck Nevitt
Paul Mokeski
Fred Robers
Larry Kystowiak
Zan Tabek

List goes on and on

Last edited:
This might be my favorite pick in the thread.

Almost nobody remembers Finley, and he was a franchise-class player. He was on par with Gilbert Arenas.
I remember his cartwheel dunk.

This thread is basically the roster of my NBA in the Zone 2000 team.

Thought Hopson was gonna be great.... instead Olden Polynice, Ken Norman... and more importantly... big white stiff Chris Dudley lasted longer in the league than Hop-City. Damn.

As a Nets fan the cruelest thing was when Petrovic died. Finally had our guy and then he gets killed.

Anthony Mason
Alan Houston
Juan Howard
Turkolou
Jerry Stackhouse
Keith Van Horn
Stevie Franchise

Last edited:
He got a couple of shout outs in 90s hip hop songs, but most people don't talk much about Rod Strickland.

He was All-Nba 3rd team one year iirc. Terrific player. The Knicks never should have traded him.

On-Topic i'd go with Mark Eaton.

More than solid he was one of the top 5 big men in the game in the mid-late 80s along with Kareem, Hakeem, and Moses Malone. Multiple time All-Nba defense and Defensive player of the year. An absolute unit of a man. Imagine Boban but only much more athletic, high IQ, healthy, and able to stay on the court.

Back