solid food vs liquid food question

MMouse

Now you enter...the shredder
Banned
Reaction score
Would the fullness of eating a banana or oats be different as oppose to drinking it via shake?

tim-laman-eastern-gray-kangaroo-looking-into-her-pouch-to-check-on-baby-inside.jpg

So essentially, you get a machine to chew your food for you.

How would this make it more or less filling? OP is retarded.

Actually I've read some evidence (can't find it but there was a study done at a UK university) that blended food IS more filling for longer than the same food eaten with the same amount of water drunk from a glass.

Short term it is less filling, it is also an easy way to get more calories in.

Actually I've read some evidence (can't find it but there was a study done at a UK university) that blended food IS more filling for longer than the same food eaten with the same amount of water drunk from a glass.

Probably because a meal takes slightly longer to digest without all the salivary amylase you get from chewing the whole thing.

Liquid food is really only beneficial if you can't be bothered to chew because of time constraints.

When you blend food and drink it quickly your body does not have the time for the standard physiological reactions from the hormonal and nerve signals telling you that you are full and to stop eating.

A typical morning shake for me could be a banana, 2 table spoons almond butter, 2 scoops of protein, coconut milk, 1/2 cup of oats, 2 handfuls of spinach, and a cup of yogurt. That is easy to chug, however if you were to eat that all in a traditional manner you (at least I) would start becoming full much sooner. But over the long term it will satiate me longer.

Probably because a meal takes slightly longer to digest without all the salivary amylase you get from chewing the whole thing.

Liquid food is really only beneficial if you can't be bothered to chew because of time constraints.

No that's not it although that might well help too. It's to do with the stomach's ability to "sieve" out the food from the water. It's much harder once the food has been blended and so the food hangs around your stomach quite a lot longer.

There really does seem to be a satiety advantage for weight-loss dieting in making your own soups in a blender.

Back