Sokoudjou signed by Bellator

Not a bad signing for their LHW div, I like it.

Could be a decent name for a tournament.

My guess is the price was right.

because they are under contract with other orgs.

He means when they were free agents Bellator didnt have interest in them and let WSOF sign them but they sign guys like Soko.

Mike Bohn ‏@MikeBohnMMA 1m

For those wondering, Sokoudjou will make his Bellator debut on June 6. No opponent confirmed at this point.

Mike Bohn ‏@MikeBohnMMA 1m

Bellator has also officially signed Tom DeBlass, Steve Garcia and Dmitry Sosnovskiy, who is coming off a win over Aleksander Emelianenko.
Expand

Perfect fight for Tito.

Big name with a dodgy chin.. seems like the perfect fighter to build a prospect or feed to Tito to get his hype up and running. I can see the logic.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel for those, "names." calling Sokoudjou vs Rampage or Tito for next ppv and biggest grudge match in MMA history.

You never know with Soko. In recent years he finished Blachowicz and got robbed against Jimmo. But he also got KOd by a bunch of no names.

EDIT: Bellator should also sign Luiz Cane.

You never know with Soko. In recent years he finished Blachowicz and got robbed against Jimmo. But he also got KOd by a bunch of no names.

EDIT: Bellator should also sign Luiz Cane.

I thought the fight with Jimmo three years ago was close but it was literally two guys circling around for 25 minutes. There wasn't a lot to take from that.

ehh.. He hasn't had too many exciting fights in a long long time.

They're not interested in Melvin, Shields or Fitch though.

because sokojou is a name they can use to put their guys over. ufc would have to let go a mega star with big name value and fan friendly for bellator to take(like page and tito) melvin, okami, or fitch is not worth that and so there for, they don't mean anything to bellator atm.

Theyre trying to get away from what orgs like wsof are doing and building there own brand and stars. Not giving prospects exsposure and hype to go to ufc like every other org in the states

Back