Sodium cutting

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by rleechb, Oct 10, 2010.

1. rleechb

rleechb White Belt

I'm pretty inexperienced with weight cutting. I've got a bjj competition coming up fairly quickly, and I've lost a ton of weight already (18 lbs thus far). I figure I've got about another 2 lbs to cut, and they're extremely stubborn (I've kept the calories down, and the cardio high, without putting much of a dent in). One thing that I've noticed with my diet, is that it is pretty high in sodium. I season all the meat I eat with salt/pepper/bbq sauce/etc., and I've been consuming a lot of soups (that are chicken/beef stock based). I feel pretty "dry" in the morning, but I imagine all the sodium has got to be keeping me retaining a good deal of water, right? I've heard of cutting sodium out a couple days before weigh-in.. anyone have any experience? Any side effects? The weigh in is right before the actual competition, so I'd prefer not to have to dehydrate myself at all.... thanks

2. GJJNY

GJJNY Purple Belt

You answered your own question, cut the sodium, you'll be fine.

IBTL of another dumb weight cutting thread.