Sodiq Yusuf/Andre Fili or Roxy Modafferi/Maycee Barber, which is a better fight?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Barber looks like a decent fighter, she’s got some power and Roxy, is a nice girl but she’s a journey woman gatekeeper with two left feet.

Yusuf/Fili seems to be the obvious answer and I think should be headlining the ESPN televised portion of the card. I think it’s a better showcase and representation of high level MMA athletes pitted against one another, especially on a huge PPV featuring Conor McGregor.

So why is this WMMA fight headlining what should be a lot of eyes and viewership leading into the PPV? I’m confused.

5BD6496E-50E8-4596-918D-5893E3C3D6DC.jpeg

It's actually a good card tbh. That's three prospects I'm interested in and a Pettis fight. Don't care for the main even though. Modaferri vs maycee may actually be fire.

They're probably doing Barber vs Roxy up higher so they can give Barber more of a spotlight. There's a good chance Barber will make the most of it and just steamroll Roxy as well. They're wanting to push her hard and towards a title shot. On the other hand, Fili probably ain't going to be fighting for a belt any time soon and Yusuff, while good, hasn't proven himself completely yet.

Is business. Is normal.

rm3.jpg

Neither have happened yet

Men by default because Wmma.

Barber looks like a decent fighter, she’s got some power and Roxy, is a nice girl but she’s a journey woman gatekeeper with two left feet.

Yusuf/Fili seems to be the obvious answer and I think should be headlining the ESPN televised portion of the card. I think it’s a better showcase and representation of high level MMA athletes pitted against one another, especially on a huge PPV featuring Conor McGregor.

So why is this WMMA fight headlining what should be a lot of eyes and viewership leading into the PPV? I’m confused.

View attachment 708977
Looks like a decent set. I love Roxy's personality from what is public, she seems like a truly nice person.

View attachment 708977

I like both fights. I am not a "WMMA sucks" guy. Let them fight.

I have Yusuff and Barber. Very excited for Yusuff/Fili. Should be fireworks.

Barber with hellbows landed would make a great spectacle.

Is this a serious question..?

Only a true virgin would ask such a question

View attachment 708977
They want to showcase Barber against someone she can beat pretty easily. I agree with you though, the Fili/Yusuf fight is way better

View attachment 708977

Barber is raw but she has good power for WMMA, Yusuf looked pretty hittable vs Gabriel Benitez, Andre Fili has looked really decent in his last fights, going for the underdog here.

Cause Maycee likely to fighting for a title in the near future and on paper she steamrolls Roxy. Plus she has ridiculously high Finishing rate for her weight class. S

Last edited:
I'm a very passionate person and the only person, out of those 4, I don't love is Sodiq. ( 'cause idk him very well)
Barber's being looked at as the next best thing, with a goal of becoming a champion soon and she's looked great, thus far! But Roxy is an experienced veteran that's a step up the ladder, so it could be a very competitive fight! I just feel like Barber has the higher ceiling (aka she could be champ, not sure Roxy could :() so I have to root for her! Then she's on her way to the title, (talk at least) so that's why it's bigger, according to the UFC.

Sodiq's looked good... against unranked opponents, but Fili's a giant step up in competition and could be a ranked wrecking force soon himself. (Max called Fili his toughest fight) And, as a Fili fan, I'm super excited to see it... But unfortunately, they'll both need a couple more fights, after this, to be considered for a title shot. But we don't have to worry about what's better because we get to enjoy all of them on the same night. :D

Back