Social Media and Women.

I told some guy yesterday that I didnt have a facebook and that I hate cell phones and dont have internet on my cell phone. He looked at me like I was an alien or something. He's the type of guy who camps out for the newest Iphone. It bugs the shit out of me when I walk into a room and everyone is staring at their phone, plugging away at it.

if only this were 50's and we were all reading newspapers, smoking and staring at the floor. Then we'd really have something going

Top lels

Who wants instant access to information these days?

The whole "I HATE WHEN PEOPLE ARE ALL ON THEIR PHONES" thing is pretty bizzarre. People are usually more than willing to show people stuff on their phones.

When my friends and I go out to eat, we're usually all our phones showing each other funny shit we've seen on the internet. This is followed by a conversation about whatever it is.

I'll take that over "Hey, Connor, what do you think about those blacks wanting to vote?"
"Well gosh i don't know"

Or, 30 years later
"Hey connor now where i can get some coke?"
"No clue. Let me go use this payphone to call someone brb"

In my experience anyone named Connor isn't worth talking to anyway.

I told some guy yesterday that I didnt have a facebook and that I hate cell phones and dont have internet on my cell phone. He looked at me like I was an alien or something. He's the type of guy who camps out for the newest Iphone. It bugs the shit out of me when I walk into a room and everyone is staring at their phone, plugging away at it.

I feel ya man. I HATE how its the commonplace nowadays to be "connected" 24-7. I got rid of my cell and have a desktop PC and a landline again. If im out and about then I don't want to talk to people and I don't need internet access everywhere I go. But if the people need to be connected to each other at all times then good for them... but that's not a normal human behavior... Its honestly the real "zombie apocalypse."

It's annoying.. One chick at school thought it was weird that I didn't have Twitter or Instagram and that I barely used FB (no pics n stuff). I told her most of my friends don't either and guys that take selfies n shit are considered gay but she told me the guys that went to her HS did that type of shit lol

I looked at her selfies and just made fun of her cuz she looked cross eyed in em

Connor McLloud from the clan McLoud or however you spell the Highlanders name

I was strictly thnking about real people, but you raise a good point. Plus that dude was never on his iphone.

Donald-Sterling-With-Girlfriend.jpg

It's a new form of social interaction, and it's not being passed down from anywhere. The users are literally the ones making up the etiquette and function of these new platforms. In the past, the elder generation taught the new generations how to interact to a large extent.

I'm not saying one is better than the other, or one is right and one is wrong. I'm just saying that when you let the kids pick the menu, you're going to have jello for dinner tonight, and tomorrow night also.

seen many relationship fights happen because of Facebook/twitter/Instagram/snapchat

yup

The whole Tumblr social justice thing is pretty funny/cringeworthy at the same time.

not woman-specific, but i like mixing it up on the internet with randoms, to the point of becoming friends even, but i don't like my IRL to know anything about it. so this is actually something i stress over from time to time. I don't even like the fact that my coworkers get to say shit to me on facebook with my friends being able to see it. These are all different circles where different parts of my personality naturally developed and it's weird how social media kind of forces you to be all of them at once.

social media is the perpetual version of that awkward moment when your high school friends come to visit you in college and you're hoping both groups fit well.

as far as women pulling these sorts of stunts, for me it just depends on how close people know we are. if it's my girlfriend, whatever. if it's a budding relationship...yeah that shit is annoying.

Yeh i wouldve been pissed too dasp, the world doesnt need to know your business.
Women are always lusting after attention, if you dont give it to them someone else will.

I don't know about social media, but now when i sit down on the toilet to take a shit and realize i don't have my iphone, i run to go get it. I can't even fathom how i took shits before. Sitting there all bored, staring at your feet.

At first i was of that train of thought. I had a crappy phone and always wondered why people were glued to their phones. Once i got one, i became one of them. It makes waiting for stuff not so bad. Like food, or an appointment or whatever.

Yeh i wouldve been pissed too dasp, the world doesnt need to know your business.
Women are always lusting after attention, if you dont give it to them someone else will.

meh, shes a sweetheart and doesn't mean anything by it. I was annoyed, but not pissed. If she tagged me, shit would be a whole 'nother story

Did you see her do it? Was there a moment where you could have said, that you preferred it stayed between you two?

Back