Social Media and Women.

Da Speeit

TEAM MANLET
Platinum Member
Reaction score
This isn't a woman-bashin' thread so all of you male feminists can chill out.

Basically, it's just a quesiton; do you think social media and women's use of it is hampering your love life? Is "Facebook official" hurting your soul? Is #MCM and #WCW making your rectum ache?

An anectdote to illustrate what I'm saying;
I hate texting. But, i had a nice little moment of mutual vulnerability one night with a young woman where we both said some dopey romantic shit; this was immediately screenshot and posted on instagram; a flattering gesture but...
THAT'S MY FUCKING BUSINESS AND NOT YOUR FRIEND'S!!! /rage.

So anyone else have a similar or differing opinion?
Is the modern young woman's constant need for outside approval ruining the private intimacy of yesteryear?

What say you mayberry?

Our generation loves to flaunt what can essentially be summed up as "LOOK AT ME EVERYONE, MY LIFE IS THE BEST!" or better yet, "HEY EVERYONE, GIVE ME PRAISE AND APPROVAL!".... then they go back to being no different than you or I, it's not just women either. Sometimes I feel people on social media sites try too hard and brag too much to give off the illusion that somehow they're just so awesome. It's quite comical once you see through all their own propagandized bullshit.

http://looneytunes.wikia.com/wiki/File:Norman_Normal

Watch this video at 3:42, the guy with the lampshade on his head. APPROVAL... APPROVAL... APPROVAL... That's what our generation is after the most. Being cool is more important than paying your bills on time.

Last edited:
Before social media women would just spend hours on the phone gossiping to everyone about their love life. Women and privacy just don't go together.

My buddy's ex girlfriend flipped out on him when he deleted Facebook because she was no longer listed as in a relationship with him lol.

Our generation loves to flaunt what can essentially be summed up as "LOOK AT ME EVERYONE, MY LIFE IS THE BEST!".... then they go back to being no different than you or I, it's not just women either. Sometimes I feel people on social media sites try too hard and brag too much to give off the illusion that somehow they're just so awesome. It's quite comical once you see through all their own propagandized bullshit.

I definitely agree, we all do it, it's just that I notice women love to flaunt their romance much more than us horny savage men do, and social media is perfect for that

Gotta cut em some slack, single women on dating websites get bombarded with dong shots. I don't understand how that's not illegal yet.

Gotta cut em some slack, single women on dating websites get bombarded with dong shots. I don't understand how that's not illegal yet.

lol let's not start about dating websites.

The modern woman's social media usage is just the old-school scrapbook/diary left behind in a very public place. It doesn't bother me.

What fucks a (platonic or otherwise) relationship up is the fact that society tends to live and die by texts anymore.

What fucks a (platonic or otherwise) relationship up is the fact that society tends to live and die by texts anymore.

I spent 2 years without a cell phone and it was just awesome. I got yelled at by girls for showing up without prior notice, but no fucks given, that's the way it's supposed to be. I can't do that now, mind you, but I hate it.

Pussy is great but girls are stupid.

Instagram that shit if you want.

This isn't a woman-bashin' thread so all of you male feminists can chill out.

Basically, it's just a quesiton; do you think social media and women's use of it is hampering your love life? Is "Facebook official" hurting your soul? Is #MCM and #WCW making your rectum ache?

An anectdote to illustrate what I'm saying;
I hate texting. But, i had a nice little moment of mutual vulnerability one night with a young woman where we both said some dopey romantic shit; this was immediately screenshot and posted on instagram; a flattering gesture but...
THAT'S MY FUCKING BUSINESS AND NOT YOUR FRIEND'S!!! /rage.

So anyone else have a similar or differing opinion?
Is the modern young woman's constant need for outside approval ruining the private intimacy of yesteryear?

What say you mayberry?

Is that you Don Frye ?

I spent 2 years without a cell phone and it was just awesome. I got yelled at by girls for showing up without prior notice, but no fucks given, that's the way it's supposed to be. I can't do that now, mind you, but I hate it.

Nah, you could do it again. We've all just forgotten how amazing actual interpersonal connection is, in favor of the virtual.

It's like riding a bicycle.

When the inevitable revolution comes, and we have to destroy the terminators/skynet/matrix, I expect there will be a lot of cats riding with those training wheels.

affecting my love life? No, I get it whenever I want it unless aunt flo has come for a visit but I think it along with smartphones have been people turning into e-addicts.

I don't have a facebook or a cellphone but the wife does and I go on there randomly and troll people, cull back her friends list occasionally especially when I have never met the person. That may seem controlling but I don't want some random looking at photos of my kids and stuff.

I love getting on my buddies facebook profile and trolling/arguing/correcting/challenging all the nonsensical bullshit that some chicks post. Their backpedaling and acceptance of defeat make it all worth it.

It's not illegal yet cause it's a fact that bitches appreciate a quality dong shot

Nah, you could do it again. We've all just forgotten how amazing actual interpersonal connection is, in favor of the virtual.

It's like riding a bicycle.

When the inevitable revolution comes, and we have to destroy the terminators/skynet/matrix, I expect there will be a lot of cats riding with those training wheels.

Not really in the city I live in, man. Suburban sprawl; if work, my doctor or my folks need to contact me, not having a phone really sucks.

Difference between girls and women imo.

There's a greater conversation here about what constitutes a 'youth', and how and why Western society has been advancing that line through ones 20's, but that's a WR conversation.

Back