Social Distortion singer beats up trump supporter at concert

Ummm..

This was just off the first page.

Whether any of us are comfortable with admitting it or not, a certain element of the left will always justify and cheerlead violence against their political opposition.

I would never advocate for political violence against Trumpsters. I just think it's really really funny when it happens.

Maintaining decorum and our cherished political norms is very important to me here in 2018 this year of our Trump.

I just think it's funny that people always act as though punk is overwhelmingly about politics, mohawks, or three power chords. Most of these people have no idea who bands like The Pagans are or they don't think New York Dolls was a punk band.
I've heard all that. TNYD's are more a gimmick than a talent. They certainly didn't last long. Of course, why would anyone listen to lesser acts, when that era of rock is unparalleled?
Only a few punk bands are really even decent. I like some early Dr. Know, Raw Power (Italian punk), early GBH, Discharge, Samhain, a little bit of UK Subs, etc. and even than, it's still simple and sloppy as hell.
Meh, it's all a matter of opinion.

I've heard all that. TNYD's are more a gimmick than a talent. They certainly didn't last long. Of course, why would anyone listen to lesser acts, when that era of rock is unparalleled?
Only a few punk bands are really even decent. I like some early Dr. Know, Raw Power (Italian punk), early GBH, Discharge, Samhain, a little bit of UK Subs, etc. and even than, it's still simple and sloppy as hell.
Matter of opinion? You're the one aggressively calling it unskilled trash.

Yeah you're cringey to most people I'd imagine but that's beside the point.

Some people like noise but I'd say there are alot of technical punk bands your missing out on. Black flag is whiney? Minor threat? Bad brains?

I wholeheartedly disagree. Go listen to your hippy trash old man.
Nice, personal attacks. I'm pretty far from cringey, thanks.
Must have struck a nerve.
Do tell, what do I listen to? It sure as hell isn't "hippy music", you brainless dolt.

Neil Young is one of my favourite musicians. I spent a lot of my teen years and early 20's listening to his albums over and over. I still go back and listen to his albums. The two live Weld albums are the ones I listen to the most.

I really like a lot of Bob Dylan's stuff old and new. His Christian albums are underrated and Time Out of Mind produced by Daniel Lanois is a very good album. Trying to Get to Heaven is one of my favourite Dylan songs.

Gonna sleep down in the parlor
And relive my dreams
I’ll close my eyes and I wonder
If everything is as hollow as it seems
Some trains don't pull no gamblers
No midnight ramblers like they did before
I been to Sugar Town, I shook the sugar down
Now I’m trying to get to heaven before they close the door

My early rock guitar sound was inspired/ripped off of NY especially with CH. Ol' Shakey is genius.

Nice, personal attacks. I'm pretty far from cringey, thanks.
Must have struck a nerve.
Do tell, what do I listen to? It sure as hell isn't "hippy music", you brainless dolt.
I'd say you're notabley cringy. Easily one of the worst posters on the board. I'm usually apathetic towards bad posters but you stand out.

They also had songs with political and social commentary. So... I think a lot of punks walk that line with humor/ politcal-social commentary.

Sure, I can appreciate that. But standing on a stage and groaning about Donald Trump is about 500 feet past the line. It's like a comedian explaining their jokes or some shit.

And a big fucking LOL at "technical" punk bands.
Black Flag?
Yep, Rollin's is a whiny bitch.
He couldn't even intimidate a 14 year old kid trying to do an interview.

It was, truly, 95% posing.

"The joy and hope of an alternative
Has become its own cliche
A hairstyle's not a lifestyle
Imagine Sid Vicious at 35...

Who played last night?
"I don't know, I forgot.
But diving off the stage was a lot of fun."
So eager to please
Peer pressure decrees,
So eager to please
Peer pressure decrees,
Make the same old mistakes
Again and again,
Chickenshit conformist
Like your parents!!"
~Jello
Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin
~Green Jello

I'd say you're notabley cringy. Easily one of the worst posters on the board. I'm usually apathetic towards bad posters but you stand out.
Only to a leftoid loser that can't form an argument. Trust me, coming from the likes of you, it's a badge of honor.

God Bad Brains were amazing. I was a huge fan of Millions of Dead Cops, Dave Dictor actually wrote an intro for my shitty zine.

The Bush era spawned some amazing street punk though. The Unseen, Anti Flag, Leftover Crack so on so forth. Nothing beats the hyper violent Oi Polloi though. Anti Police Aggro and Bash the Fash were straight up anthems back in the day. Antifas is annoying as fuck but AFA back in the day were hardcore. Especially the European groups.

My favorite song ever concerning xenophobia.

You ever see the American Hardcore documentary?

I still have Bad Brains on rotation. One of the best

And a big fucking LOL at "technical" punk bands.
Black Flag?
Yep, Rollin's is a whiny bitch.
He couldn't even intimidate a 14 year old kid trying to do an interview.

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

That interview was over 9000 level cringe.

It's not supposed to be astute musically, it was in part a reaction to pompous prog-rock.
The lyrics weren't astute because they were all kids making noise for kids.

You missed the point.
Kids making noise for kids is a great description of the genre as a whole. I’d add “overgrown” as an adjective though.

The point is that punk was basically sped up blues. Listen to something like Subway Train with all of the leads. It's far from three power chords. It's a completely different style, yet somehow "punk" gets identified with 1 minute three chord songs. Most of the people have no clue what they are talking about.

I couldn't see shit in the video. If he really punched a dude that was being held down then he's a bitch.

Lol at the article making it sound like this punk rocker is some kind of badass for punching a restrained man.
@zebby23 approves. He's not strong.

The point is that punk was basically sped up blues. Listen to something like Subway Train with all of the leads. It's far from three power chords. It's a completely different style, yet somehow "punk" gets identified with 1 minute three chord songs. Most of the people have no clue what they are talking about.

<DisgustingHHH>

This is punk music, son.

Back