Social Distortion singer beats up trump supporter at concert

@Trotsky

Bob Dylan wrote a few political songs in the early 1960's and then moved on to far better things.

From Maggie's Farm:

To schilling for women's underwear:

TgBq.gif

Not only is this Ness guy a washed up loser (mid fifties and still playing music for and by adolescent misfits, lol, it's not like it even takes a lick of talent to play the garbage either) he's also a little bitch.
Tough guy needed someone to hold the dudes arms for him while he punched him in the face.
Where I come from, that makes you a bitch.
You just painted a picture of every ageing rocker. Except the punching while arms held. But every old rocker is usually playing music younger people, made their songs when they were young and might seem easy and take no talent now.

Last edited:
@Trotsky

Bob Dylan wrote a few political songs in the early 1960's and then moved on to far better things.

From Maggie's Farm:

To schilling for women's underwear:

Wow, you really just destroyed the credibility of all of music with that post. Thanks for breaking my chains.

Wow, you really just destroyed the credibility of all of music with that post. Thanks for breaking my chains.

I'm a big fan of Bob Dylan. The point of my post is that Dylan went through a bit of a political phase to launch his career and then moved on. He understood you can only go so far sticking it to the man. Punk is stuck in a perpetual adolescent phase. Punk music is an extremely poor man's early Bob Dylan if you will allow me to make such a ridiculous comparison.

tumblr_olcljxerZP1sn231po1_400.gif

If you thought it was supposed to be musically astute, you totally, embarrassingly missed the point
How does that change the fact that it is indeed, unskilled garbage? Anybody can abuse an instrument, it takes a lot of time and effort to master a craft, and music is a craft.
There's a reason punk rock appeals to the scabies riddled $2.99 vodka besotted panhandler in filthy rags crowd and other perpetually stuck in adolescence losers.
Waaah, life isn't fair, lets make a band, no talent required.

It was a distinct improvement for bands to realize that political lyrics gave it lasting credibility as a voice of its generation's social views.

I just think it's funny that people always act as though punk is overwhelmingly about politics, mohawks, or three power chords. Most of these people have no idea who bands like The Pagans are or they don't think New York Dolls was a punk band.

I'm a big fan of Bob Dylan. The point of my post is that Dylan went through a bit of a political phase to launch his career and then moved on. He understood you can only go so far sticking it to the man. Punk is stuck in a perpetual adolescent phase. An extremely poor man's early Bob Dylan if you will allow me to make that ridiculous comparison.
I always preferred Neil Young as a songwriter, over all.Only Dylan I can stand is Lay Lady Lay and Knockin On Heavens Door.

It’s not astute in any meaningful way.
It's not supposed to be astute musically, it was in part a reaction to pompous prog-rock.
The lyrics weren't astute because they were all kids making noise for kids.

You missed the point.

I just think it's funny that people always act as though punk is overwhelmingly about politics, mohawks, or three power chords. Most of these people have no idea who bands like The Pagans are or they don't think New York Dolls was a punk band.
The Ramones are cool.
Why? Because they never took themselves all that serious.
Commando, Carbona Not Glue, Bad Brain... good shit.

It's clearly Avril Lavigne that's the most significant figure

The Ramones are cool.
Why? Because they never took themselves all that serious.
Commando, Carbona Not Glue, Bad Brain... good shit.
They also had songs with political and social commentary. So... I think a lot of punks walk that line with humor/ politcal-social commentary.

I feel you man, I pine for the days when a peace loving, right wing, patriot could stand up for his "billionaire" president by telling a singer to go fuck himself at a punk show without violence breaking out.

Well I don't know about this kid at the concert but despite what else you've been told, Trump himself (who may have his faults) is not right-wing and despite being a billionaire, is not part of the establishment either. Which is why the establishment owned mass media, entertainment industry and all the political special interest groups hate him so much and run propaganda against him 24/7.

You just painted a picture of every ageing rocker. Except the punching while arms held. But every old rocker is usually playing music younger people, made their songs when they were young and might seem easy and take no talent now.
Difference is, with other types of music, they actually make music.
And, yes, playing certain types of music at a high level takes enormous amounts of talent, time and effort.
All political, Reagan era punk is is basically noise over whiny left wing whining about the "man" and how unfair life is.
It's cringy coming from someone pushing 60.

Well I don't know about this kid at the concert but despite what else you've been told, Trump himself (who may have his faults) is not right-wing and despite being a billionaire, is not part of the establishment either. Which is why the establishment owned mass media, entertainment industry and all the political special interest groups hate him so much and run propaganda against him 24/7.
Is trump even a billionaire I saw something recently where he gets people to introduce him that way or talk about him that way but really he isn't.

They also had songs with political and social commentary. So... I think a lot of punks walk that line with humor/ politcal-social commentary.
Yeah, but they always kept their sense of humor about it.

I always preferred Neil Young as a songwriter, over all.Only Dylan I can stand is Lay Lady Lay and Knockin On Heavens Door.

Neil Young is one of my favourite musicians. I spent a lot of my teen years and early 20's listening to his albums over and over. I still go back and listen to his albums. The two live Weld albums are the ones I listen to the most.

I really like a lot of Bob Dylan's stuff old and new. His Christian albums are underrated and Time Out of Mind produced by Daniel Lanois is a very good album. Trying to Get to Heaven is one of my favourite Dylan songs.

Gonna sleep down in the parlor
And relive my dreams
I’ll close my eyes and I wonder
If everything is as hollow as it seems
Some trains don't pull no gamblers
No midnight ramblers like they did before
I been to Sugar Town, I shook the sugar down
Now I’m trying to get to heaven before they close the door

Difference is, with other types of music, they actually make music.
And, yes, playing certain types of music at a high level takes enormous amounts of talent, time and effort.
All political, Reagan era punk is is basically noise over whiny left wing whining about the "man" and how unfair life is.
It's cringy coming from someone pushing 60.
Yeah you're cringey to most people I'd imagine but that's beside the point.

Some people like noise but I'd say there are alot of technical punk bands your missing out on. Black flag is whiney? Minor threat? Bad brains?

I wholeheartedly disagree. Go listen to your hippy trash old man.

Oh right, that liberal establishment who runs everything, except for every branch of government that are majority Republican which is all of them. Captivating insight you got there.

Back