Social Distortion singer beats up trump supporter at concert

Fashion and attitude is the core of punk. The laughable and immature political views of the bands were never the main focus. The majority of degenerate punk fans were/are simply looking to dress like idiots and get drunk and violent. It was all about the scene and being loyal to a particular scene. The degeneracy was so bad that Ian Mackaye started the Straight Edge movement where bands avoided drugs, violence and promiscuity. If you need more convincing, it is well known that Malcolm McLaren, the brains behind the Sex Pistols, was a fashion designer.

"Muh Politics!"

341529621_2f0c63640c.jpg

I always get a kick out of people talking about what punk music is. It's such a far cry from how punk started or how the term punk was coined. You had a band that looked like this:

int_dictators4.jpg

Singing about cars, girls, and cheeseburgers. Not dudes with mohawks screaming about politics.

Social Distortion is not punk. They are sellout whores conforming in hopes to gain a few more fans. Actual punk rockers reject ALL sides of the political spectrum...and only an ape commits violence on those that disagree with them.

For my money, the best political punk/ hardcore bands were BB and the DK's

Bad Brains is so great. They're the only band from that era that I still listen to regularly. I was cranking Sailin' On on my drive into work this morning.

Especially when you look like this...

4F1DA6AD00000578-6064013-image-m-45_1534356581488.jpg

Welp, his appearance sure checks out.

It was, truly, 95% posing.

"The joy and hope of an alternative
Has become its own cliche
A hairstyle's not a lifestyle
Imagine Sid Vicious at 35...

Who played last night?
"I don't know, I forgot.
But diving off the stage was a lot of fun."
So eager to please
Peer pressure decrees,
So eager to please
Peer pressure decrees,
Make the same old mistakes
Again and again,
Chickenshit conformist
Like your parents!!"
~Jello

I saw a lot of that too but there were some magical moments at punk shows. The Casualties hitting the stage was one of the most insane live experiences of my life.

Ah ya know... Mexicans are rapists, good people on "both sides", people we don't like are dogs, media is the enemy of the people. Anyone who believes these things and supports a guy who peddles this stuff deserves an ass kicking. We are going to start acting like Trumpers and just solve things with violence and irrational thinking.

Ow lawd nobody ever said Mexicans were rapists. The talk was about mexican criminals crossing the border illegally. I guess you don´t mind criminals crossing a border and entering your country.

Bad Brains is so great. They're the only band from that era that I still listen to regularly. I was cranking Sailin' On on my drive into work this morning.
I listened to some Minor Threat (didn't like many straight edge bands but) and DRI pre-Crossover, which was their garbage turn: kind of on the nose to artlessly call it Crossover, as it was midrange-bpm metal sounding, but it failed at both.
"This ain't hardcore, it ain't speed metal, it ain't nothin'."

I still have my original TDK tapes that are all one track from the records. It just sounds right despite being a lower quality dead format.

I always get a kick out of people talking about what punk music is. It's such a far cry from how punk started or how the term punk was coined. You had a band that looked like this:

int_dictators4.jpg

Singing about cars, girls, and cheeseburgers. Not dudes with mohawks screaming about politics.
It was a distinct improvement for bands to realize that political lyrics gave it lasting credibility as a voice of its generation's social views.

Watching the video it doesn’t look like the guy was restrained by the crowd at all. And he is a big man.

I’m not about assaulting someone for differing views. But this was a punk show, it is mob mentality and violence is the norm. Punk concerts are echo chambers, and if you lay down a challenge-flying the bird for multiple songs-you should be expecting conflict. I’m thinking either this guy doesn’t know how punk shows go, OR he wasn’t expecting a 56 year old vegan to take his challenge and beat his ass.

What I find a bit funny is that Social D is a mostly non-political band. They are mainstream and lots of folks hardly consider them punk, kinda like The Clash. Anyways, Ness shows what a geriatric soyboy manlet can do. I always figured he was pry a pretty tough guy and this confirms it.

Let's see if anyone celebrates, or if you're full of fucking shit.

I know which way I'm betting
Ummm..

Support someone with such bigoted ideologies and risk getting your ass kicked.

America is already great!!
lmao owned

This was just off the first page.

Whether any of us are comfortable with admitting it or not, a certain element of the left will always justify and cheerlead violence against their political opposition.

Apparently audience members held the fan while the band’s front man assaulted him. ITT progressives are celebrating

I was the wrong thing to do, but like Trump and his rally attendees, the band should offer to pay the legal fees of anybody charged with assault.

Ah ya know... Mexicans are rapists,
I seriously doubt that those are his words.

good people on "both sides"
And.. that is somehow racist and cruel to you?

people we don't like are dogs
What? That's racist too? And who is we?

media is the enemy of the people
That is hardly racist friend, that is simple truth.

Anyone who believes these things and supports a guy who peddles this stuff deserves an ass kicking. We are going to start acting like Trumpers and just solve things with violence and irrational thinking.
Isn't this exactly what the pretend leftist activists are doing regularly?

You hate Trump for all the wrong reasons. Blame the media, your schools and your parents.

Ummm..

This was just off the first page.

Whether any of us are comfortable with admitting it or not, a certain element of the left will always justify and cheerlead violence against their political opposition.
For Christ's sake, read my further posts.

I think Mike Ness is just a hot head.
I saw him at a concert and someone throw a an opened bottle of water. He freaked out and offered someone a t shirt if they kicked that guy's ass. I don't know if anyone ever got a shirt.

He also has a chip on his shoulder for being short, in his words " I was five foot tall and I fought the biggest mother fucker" or something like that.

But hey if you go to a punk show and try to piss off the band, who had hoardes of fans and supporters, you're probably gonna get hurt.

I seriously doubt that those are his words.
"They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

“I’ve been treated very unfairly by this judge. Now, this judge is of Mexican heritage."

And.. that is somehow racist and cruel to you?
Yep.

You know you're getting old when you can remember the time when punk and rock music wasn't just another propaganda arm for the corporate establishment.
I feel you man, I pine for the days when a peace loving, right wing, patriot could stand up for his "billionaire" president by telling a singer to go fuck himself at a punk show without violence breaking out.

Back