Social Distortion singer beats up trump supporter at concert

Missed the first reply?
I took it for sarcasm.
It surprises me that someone on this forum would cheer violence but there's always a few bad apples.

I regret that I was incorrect.

ETA also that I was grouchy about it @Gunny and just now realized I expressed surprise that someone would cheer violence... on an mma forum.

This problem can be solved by coffee, brb

Last edited:
Yes, because the powerful have finally be brought to justice and are now held accountable for their actions. No more war or poverty or society ran by out of touch old people being used as useful idiots by their economic betters. Thank you, Sex Pistols.

I guess you're right; punk was never particularly useful.
Guess it's just more noticeably pathetic when it's a middle-aged musician with an outdated worldview, channeling his misguided teenage angst into beating on a fan that the crowd's holding down.

Also: *been; out-of-touch.

Support someone with such bigoted ideologies and risk getting your ass kicked.

America is already great!!
What bigoted ideologies. Please be specific.

That meth addict needed help from the crowd to attack a single man.

He should try that on someone 1 on 1.

Beating up people you deem fascists is the essence of punk rock, dummy. Listen to some stories about Black Flag concerts, then stick a pineapple up your grundel.

And in today's political climate a 'fascist' is anyone who doesn't mindlessly parrot the narrative spoon fed to them by the corporate establishment. Does the penny ever drop with any of these 'radical' leftists when they see that they hold the exact same views as most of the mass media, multinationals and political elite?

I guess you're right; punk was never particularly useful.
Guess it's just more noticeably pathetic when it's a middle-aged musician with an outdated worldview, channeling his misguided teenage angst into beating on a fan that the crowd's holding down.

Also: *been; out-of-touch.

It seriously would not surprise me if the guy was a plant.

I recall a Circle Jerks show, brutal

Yeah when I was younger we used to have lots of punk bands and all other kind of bands.
Basically just 4 guys that could play. And the local government would usually offer venues for them through art funding with a good sound system a stage etc. Those are for the community to use for no cost just government funded.

And the punk bands would sing about how evil the goverment is and they never do anything for the youth etc.
Of course I dint appreciate the irony when I was 16 but I do now :).

And in today's political climate a 'fascist' is anyone who doesn't mindlessly parrot the narrative spoon fed to them by the corporate establishment. Does the penny ever drop with any of these 'radical' leftists when they see that they hold the exact same views as most of the mass media, multinationals and political elite?
go wet a pillow. christ.

There really is nothing quite as sad as an old punk rocker, still trying to be the raging, anti-establishment teenager they built their brand on.

Reminds of Rage Against the Machine. A bunch of spoiled rich kids banging on about the evils of America and capitalism, whilst making themselves stinking rich from America's capitalist system and who split up due to an argument about money.

Their music is still awesome though.

Yeah when I was younger we used to have lots of punk bands and all other kind of bands.
Basically just 4 guys that could play. And the local government would usually offer venues for them through art funding with a good sound system a stage etc. Those are for the community to use for no cost just government funded.

And the punk bands would sing about how evil the goverment is and they never do anything for the youth etc.
Of course I dint appreciate the irony when I was 16 but I do now :).
We were so conformist in our rejection of conformity. Torn clothes, piercings, spiked hair, steel toed boots, wallet chains... we all wore a uniform

This is interesting cause most old punks are log cabin repubs and libertarians.

This fool beat up no one.

Yes, because the powerful have finally be brought to justice and are now held accountable for their actions. No more war or poverty or society ran by out of touch old people being used as useful idiots by their economic betters. Thank you, Sex Pistols.

Punk was always more about bizarre fashion and lifestyle than serious political commentary. It is really not all that different from the activism and political outrage we see today which you can find in the pages of Teen Vogue. Being woke is more about being fashionable than a serious political movement. The reason people were so angry at the activist Pepsi commercial is because, ironically, it perfectly captured the essence of political activism today. Activists did not like seeing what they really are.

The only thing Pepsi missed is lefties beating on reporters, cops and each other while the media blames the alt-right for causing all of the problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
We were so conformist in our rejection of conformity. Torn clothes, piercings, spiked hair, steel toed boots, wallet chains... we all wore a uniform

Lol yeah the good old time. I wish I could go back to a time when my biggest concern during the week was to find a good place to get hammered on the weekend.

Punk was always more about bizarre fashion and lifestyle than serious political commentary. It is really not all that different from the activism and political outrage we see today which you can find in the pages of Teen Vogue. Being woke is more about being fashionable than a serious political movement. The reason people were so angry at the activist Pepsi commercial is because, ironically, it perfectly captured the essence of political activism today. Activists did not like seeing what they really are.

The only thing Pepsi missed is lefties beating on reporters, cops and each other while the media blames the alt-right for causing all of the problems.

You don't know what you're talking about. Politics has always been a staple of punk music. And many of those that use(d) punk music as a political medium had much more knowledge and conviction than you.

Also, what the fuck is your obsession with Teen Vogue? Remember when you used a reference to Teen Vogue in support of your philosophy that Toby Keith was more intellectual than Bob Dylan and Neil Young?

Lol yeah the good old time. I wish I could go back to a time when my biggest concern during the week was to find a good place to get hammered on the weekend.
I was in a band, classic three chord noise... we fell apart for typical reasons: singer was unreliable, didn't show up for some gigs. Drummer couldn't keep a simple meter. Bass player was tone deaf and I had to teach him his parts, sometimes before shows. Myself, a guitarist who actually could play and drifted into speed metal when that came along followed by polyrhythmic jazz playing.

Social D was good music back in the day. Pretty sure Story Of My Life is still my ringtone actually if I ever turned my phone off vibrate only.

You know you're getting old when you can remember the time when punk and rock music wasn't just another propaganda arm for the corporate establishment.

Wut? Social D came up during the most violent era of punk rock as well as highly political. The Reagan era spawned a pretty intense counter culture.

R-3456276-1393608980-9123.jpeg.jpg

I suggest reading this. It's a super interesting book.

Not only is this Ness guy a washed up loser (mid fifties and still playing music for and by adolescent misfits, lol, it's not like it even takes a lick of talent to play the garbage either) he's also a little bitch.
Tough guy needed someone to hold the dudes arms for him while he punched him in the face.
Where I come from, that makes you a bitch.

Wut? Social D came up during the most violent era of punk rock as well as highly political. The Reagan era spawned a pretty intense counter culture.

R-3456276-1393608980-9123.jpeg.jpg

I suggest reading this. It's a super interesting book.
For my money, the best political punk/ hardcore bands were BB and the DK's

Back