Soccer league with no flopping?

scorpiorising

The world eater
@Brown
Reaction score
Title says it all. Is there any soccer leagues out there that the whole point of the game is to flop at the perfect moment?

Serious question I enjoy the sport otherwise. I don't need you to tell me how awesome soccer is. I want to simply know a league that fines flopping.

Title says it all. Is there any soccer leagues out there that the whole point of the game is to flop at the perfect moment?

Serious question I enjoy the sport otherwise. I don't need you to tell me how awesome soccer is. I want to simply know a league that fines flopping.

Going to catch hell for this, but Women's soccer....

Yes skill level is worse, most of the world doesn't care, only because Merica, ect ect... but it's a legit answer...

Yes skill level is worse, most of the world doesn't care, only because Merica, ect ect... but it's a legit answer...

True. I watched a few games of the womens soccer world cup and there was a lot less flopping and drama.

Watch the lowest leagues in England which are very untechnical and semi-professional, you're more likely to see a headbutt than a dive(flop).

That is absolute rubbish. They dive in Sunday league.

To answer your question TS, just watch rugby.

That is absolute rubbish. They dive in Sunday league.

To answer your question TS, just watch rugby.
Far less than a high stakes big money league, with less on the line and more hard bastards about..

I suppose VAR in the bigger leagues has/will massively prevent the chances of successful diving.

Last edited:
Flopping in any sport is fucking embarrassing.

The idea that people are awarded for it is preposterous.

Flopping in any sport is fucking embarrassing.

The idea that people are awarded for it is preposterous.
Yeah but sometimes it’s an actual foul by the defenders but the ref won’t call it a foul unless the player falls down. So sometimes it’s not rewarded, sometimes it’s warranted.

Yeah but sometimes it’s an actual foul by the defenders but the ref won’t call it a foul unless the player falls down. So sometimes it’s not rewarded, sometimes it’s warranted.
Fair point, often it's on the managers as well who sometimes advise it.

I mean no one wants to see it, but if you support a team and that dive is the difference between 1 point or 3, you're going to take the 3 every time. It's not as if it doesn't go unpunished if it's caught as a dive.

Just don't ever watch Neymar and you'll be alright lol

Yep. Women don't flop.

This is noticeable from about age 12 onwards.

Watch 12 year old boys play soccer. It's really sad. You're watching their character diminish one flop at a time.

Yeah I was going to say this as well. The women don't flop and I enjoy watching them play, maybe because I coached women's soccer for 11 years though.

Will never happen.

I mainly watch Serie A being an AC Milan fan and italian football was notorious for diving.
With the introduction of VAR it is less likely for people to successfully dive, people still have this idea that Football is revolving around diving and what not although you actually get yellow carded for being caught.
So now with VAR around it is not even worth flopping most of the time cause it can get you sent off.
Most people do not seem to know that but I do not blame you, I personnaly cannot figure out how American Football or Basketball works so I understand.

I generally much prefer other football codes, but the whole thing about diving in soccer is seriously overblown.

off course is overblown first they call it sissy sport then when they saw that flop is done only in certain situations and somethimes faul does happen and they make it more obvius they start doing it in baseball b-ball and football. i mean ball thrown 1 foot from a guy he jumps back like it graised his uniform to get a ball not a strike. b ball same thing nfl floping in wr or line man is more then soccer actualy these days they flop more in american sports then soccer

Back