SoCal Residents: Whoring out my food blog..

..but have you been to Juanita's?

Back in the 90s, people from SoCal used to always make fun of us NorCal folk for saying Hella. Now it seems they are trying to claim that shit for themselves. Make no mistake Hella users. That shit originated in Northern California.

This has been a Soda Popinsky public service announcement.

People in LA do not use the word hella. Other parts of SoCal like the OC might.

People in LA do not use the word hella. Other parts of SoCal like the OC might.

I've only heard "hella" from NorCal people or swag ***s. Will never be a part of my vocabulary.

Never heard people from down here say Hella.

For ramen, I like Hakkata in Gardena the best. The one in OC wasn't as good.

Hella is absolutely a Nor Cal word. No one is OC would ever use that garbage slang.

My wife and I have been here a few times and it was great, I think they moved a few doors down to a large space and according to some Yelp reviews it has declined a bit. I still have been craving it for a few weeks now. http://www.dumplinginn.com/

I know it is late but KSandwiches in Linda Vista was great, but they just burned down last week. Check it out if they reopen.

My wife and I have been here a few times and it was great, I think they moved a few doors down to a large space and according to some Yelp reviews it has declined a bit. I still have been craving it for a few weeks now. http://www.dumplinginn.com/

I know it is late but KSandwiches in Linda Vista was great, but they just burned down last week. Check it out if they reopen.

Nice! Got it bookmarked to check out.

Last edited:
Voluntarily living in in the fucking furnace that is Southern California

Why?

Depends where exactly. SD average weather is pretty mild as is LA. Not hot at all really.

Best dumplings and fried rice I ate were at Din Tai Fung in Taipei. They have a few branches in SoCal. Make it happen, Dana!

Best dumplings and fried rice I ate were at Din Tai Fung in Taipei. They have a few branches in SoCal. Make it happen, Dana!

the ones in cali were overrated as hell. sure the quality of the xiao long bao skins is thinner and thus more technical, the price of it is not worth it

Now I need a dumpling rec for OC, anything out here? Seems...dry

Though some of the best sushi (surprisingly) has been from Sushi on Fire in huntington beach.

EDIT: Some great Ramen places in Santa Monica, as well as my favorite yakatori place Nanbankan

TS, you should check out 626 Night Market in Arcadia. Overpriced hipster food but plenty of variety.

We'll probably have a booth, slinging our tees.

TS, you should check out 626 Night Market in Arcadia. Overpriced hipster food but plenty of variety.

Not a fan. I really hate how it's so crowded and generic. Shitty food trucks everywhere. Some vendors are worth checking out, but they're unfortunately lost in the sea of crap. Everything is overpriced and rushed. Half the food is made by teenagers and there's no organization to any of the lines. You'll have lines crossing lines and long waits for really shitty food. Asian Garden Night Market is light years more authentic and delicious.

Was going to suggest Titas but it looks like you hit it already. Nice blog, will be clicking regularly.

Back