Soa Palelei vs. Jared Rosholt @ UFN 43 in New Zealand

I dunno if you're saying Soa isn't the guy or if he's not Australian but either way it's wrong. If Soa beats Rosholt and is given a stiff step up in competition to a Bigfoot/Browne type fight he's potentially two wins away from a title fight with a bit of luck. He's the type of guy that can get lucky that way, his power means he can hit anybody other than maybe Hunt and JDS and end their night quickly even if he's outclassed in most respects.

He's also born in Australia so...

My point was that he is Australian but that he's never going to sniff a title belt. I think he only has a puncher's chance of beating anyone in the top ten and he'd probably have to pull that off twice prior to getting a title shot and, frankly, that's unlikely as fuck given his performance against any good fighter and Krylov.

Why is this Sao paleliioaa receiving such charity from the UFC?? Give him a top 10 opponent and send him on his way to bellator

lol

Cause the UFC HW division is oh so stacked.

Well wadya know, Soa's fighting another nobody to pad his record, so by the time he fights his first top 15-10 HW he should be ready?
Instead of waiting it out & asking to fight the likes of Arlovski/Schaub winner, or Miocic/Maldonado winner, or even Mitrione/Struve winner?
I'll be utterly disappointed yet not surprised if Soa comes up short & his hype gets derailed by this Rosholt dude!

earthworm jim because Soa tells the UFC who he fights?

Get a clue mate, the UFC offers match ups to Soas management team at paradigm from that they choose.

You will find Soa is fighting who the UFC is wanting him to fight and not the other way around.

Stop the hate brother and support your country men.

earthworm jim because Soa tells the UFC who he fights?

Get a clue mate, the UFC offers match ups to Soas management team at paradigm from that they choose.

You will find Soa is fighting who the UFC is wanting him to fight and not the other way around.

Stop the hate brother and support your country men.

Yes because me stating "I'll be utterly disappointed... if Soa comes up short" clearly suggests that I hate him, lol noob!
I actually want this guy to step up already.
3 consecutive victories in the UFC HW div is huge IMO so the guy needs to step it up already.
Whatever the match making/management arrangement they got going on between fighter/organization with this dude honestly feels like a potential hype train they're trying to design to feed the starving fans of the HW div & I just don't wont it to crash after fighting 3, 4, or maybe 5 low tier fighters as it would look very embarrassing for Soa & Ozzie fight fans.

Again you are asking Soa to step up, I can't make it any more clearer that Soa fights who he is told to fight by the UFC and management.

Blame the UFC for his slow build up, all he can do is fight who is in front of him.

Rosholt will be a great test against a big guy with legit wrestling credentials.

LOL at the noob comment champ, I've been mates with and training with Soa for nearly ten years and I was in his corner at UFC 164 in Milwaukee, I am a real noob.

Rosholt is actually a step up above what Soa has been fighting and when he takes down Soa and dominates him don't act shocked

I was on point for once and I was damn tired of that Soa hype. So, I'm gonna gloat a little

lol @ people thinking this was a gimme fight for the local boy

Deserves more of a step up IMO, certainly in terms of 'name' value.

'Dangerous' fight for Soa IMO - Rosholt is a tough wrestler - its unlikely Soa will get him on the mat easily and Jared could well take him out of the 1st round and win a decision.

Unfortunately for Soa I was right.

Not sure what the UFC was doing here, they should have given Palelei someone easier match up wise but more known if they wanted to squeeze a little more out of the Hype train.

Unbelievable bad cardio, a shame that power does not translate on the feet.

I was on point for once and I was damn tired of that Soa hype. So, I'm gonna gloat a little

lol @ people thinking this was a gimme fight for the local boy

Perth is about an 8 hour flight from Auckland, but otherwise you're bang on the money.

Hard nosed wrestlers is still the best way to derail most hype trains in the most boring way possible.

said it before and i will say it again, Rosholt is a bad ass wrestler, and he could take anyone down in UFC and keep them down, 3-0 now in UFC and i see him beating everyone until he gets a title show. no one in UFC HW can wrestle like him apart from Cain

I'm hoping for the sake of his finances that TS does not actually bet on fights or try to handicap them.

I bet Rosholt last night at -150 (meaning Rosholt was a moderate favorite, 1.5 to 1) and I honestly thought that was a gift from the books. Anyone who thought Soa wouldn't be the lesser athlete and wrestler was delusional. And aside from getting top position and holding down and beating on weaker guys, how was Soa gonna win that fight?

Back